playMaker

Author Topic: Platforming Mobile Controls  (Read 4436 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Platforming Mobile Controls
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »

I am working on mobile controls to include with my Playmaker Platforming kit. Here is an Android APK sample, any feedback on the touch controls would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:01:47 PM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

coffeeANDsoda

Re: Platforming Mobile Controls
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
First question, does Playmaker Platforming kit require a dev to purchase
Virtual Controls Suite?

Second, what does this mean on the physical end of things for third party peripherals that add real buttons plus a d-pad?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:59 AM »
First question, does Playmaker Platforming kit require a dev to purchase
Virtual Controls Suite?

Second, what does this mean on the physical end of things for third party peripherals that add real buttons plus a d-pad?

1. No there is no reason to purchase Virtual Controls Suite any longer. This was the idea behind including my own virtual controls.

2. That is a really good question, I will have to look into it. I actually never thought about that.

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 05:02:40 PM »
I added button artwork and made some modifications to the mobile controls thanks to all the feedback. I enlarged the touch areas, added speed smoothing to the sprint function, and added button press scaling instead of color changing. I also fixed a bug that caused the player to stick to walls when pressing towards them while in mid air.

I've uploaded a new Sample APK for anyone who wants to try it out. This update has already been submitted for approval on the Asset Store.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:05:01 PM by Graham »