playMaker

Author Topic: setting resolution/aspect by an action  (Read 2936 times)

nepomuk

• Playmaker Newbie
setting resolution/aspect by an action
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
is there a way to set the game aspect by an action?

for example: i'd like to have the rendered screenwidth at 320, no matter which device is used. for the height id like to change the resolution so the scaling is fitting and the graphics are not stretched...

like for iphone 3gs it should be 320x480 and for iphone 6 it should be 320x570 (for a correct scaling). i already made the fsm to get the resolution it should be.. but i coudnt find a way to set the aspect
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 12:41:29 PM by nepomuk »

nepomuk

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: setting resolution/aspect by an action
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »
ok i got this done.. but is it possible that "get screen size" actions do NOT work for iphone?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 08:18:06 AM »
Hi,

very unlikely. to make sure of that, make a simple scene that shows the screen sizes you get from this action, then you'll know as you publish on different devices if the values are correct.

also, be careful with your player settings, you can alter the actual screensize with the Target resolution. I would double check you are using "native(default)" option.

Bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 08:25:45 AM »
If you're using this for UI, I've found that adjusting the anchor points properly and allowing the built in canvas to handle all of the rest works great. For instance if something is in the bottom right wrap it in a Panel and anchor it to the bottom right of the canvas so if the resolution or aspect changes it will correctly follow. Very dependent on what you're doing though.. Might not work as good with your specific case/needs.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D