playMaker

Author Topic: Photon 1.78 (WebGL support) Question  (Read 16314 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon 1.54 (WebGL support) Question
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »
Hi,

yep, cause upgrading or loading packaging in U5 made in uç creates duplicates of files inside Unity project folder. it's a real pain, and unfortunatly, no solution is available other than cleaning up...

so, make sure that when you upgrade or import packages that you clean them up first, like removing folders entirely, to avoid duplication. import it to see where things get duplicated, delete offending folders and reimport.

!!ALWAYS BACKUP UP FIRST!!

Bye,

Jean

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »
Just going to give it a go now, might take a while and will report back the findings!

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 10:50:37 AM »
Sorry I'm getting nowhere with it, I've tried deleting the Playmaker, .netfabrejean, PlaymakerPUN, Plugins/ChatAPI and Photon Unity Networking folders then updating and reimporting them all multiple times and I always end up with: Assets/Plugins/ChatApi/ChatClient.cs(32,31): error CS0433: The imported type `ExitGames.Client.Photon.IPhotonPeerListener' is defined multiple times

Just so I'm sure, I require: Playmaker, Playmaker PUN and Photon Unity Networking as a bare minimum to export a PUN based build? Can you see any reason that this shouldn't work?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2015, 11:03:27 AM »
Hi,

I'll run some tests tomorow morning. Maybe the new version of PUN has introduced some depreacted features that needs cleaning.

Have cleaned up your plugin folder as well? the plugin folder became a real mess with U5 with all assets putting stuff there in a very unorganized way... :) so check this as well.

Bye,

Jean

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 04:18:58 AM »
Hi Jean, I got a little further yesterday by taking out the obvious stuff then searching the folder for any files named 'photon', then deleting the suspicious ones before reimporting everything, I think it's PUN that's particularly messy, either way, the project didn't work properly even though all the errors had gone.

Specifically, the Playmaker PUN proxy wasn't detecting PUN states reliably and the game therefore wouldn't instantiate any prefabs or even show the correct menus. I've gone back to the previous backup with older versions for now.

Thanks for your help

A

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 07:59:04 AM »
Hi,

Doubled checked everything as well as packaging for the latest 1.62f version of PUN and everything si working fine. It's definitly the typical mess with duplicated files when importing package. Not much I can do unfortunatly. Things are going to get better with 5.3 it seems with a better unpacking process apparently.

Bye,

Jean

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 08:28:10 AM »
Thanks Jean, I'll try again with Unity 5.3

Bqlqzs

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2015, 04:01:25 AM »
Hello
I also try to use webgl after the unity webplayer is useless..

I have my own photon multiplayer game, but it created when the playmaker contained the photon, so it is very old but working fine with other build targets.
(this not work with webgl.. but it is not updated yet.)

For the new test I use the latest
- Unity 5.2.2f1
- Latest playmaker from the assetstore
- pun actions from the ecosystem
- and demo worker for the test also from ecosystem

The webgl still not work for me too, I can make the webgl build but when I try to connect to the photon I got this errors:

Code: [Select]
Operation failed: OperationResponse 230: ReturnCode: 32756 (Cloud Public / Region none is not available.). Parameters: {} Server: NameServer
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1146)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:125)

Code: [Select]
Authentication failed: 'Cloud Public / Region none is not available.' Code: 32756
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1186)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.TPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:125)

Interesting, because I have the basic Pun+ from the assetstore and the contained photon demo worker (without playmaker) is working fine in the webgl. So now we need to wait?

This Pun+ photon pack is say, that webgl + photon need webgl pro, but if you have this photon pun+ pack you not need the webgl pro. Actually I use this.
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12080

I also wait for the solution, because cant find any info about the webgl + photon.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:35:48 AM by Bqlqzs »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »
Hi.

First of all, Photon servers experienced issues the last few days. I would try again, maybe it's nothing to do with you.

"Region none is not available."

else, you need to setup photon to use a specific region, other then "Best"

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927

Bye,

Jean