playMaker

Author Topic: Multiple actions responding to same command  (Read 2469 times)

Seiryu33

Multiple actions responding to same command
« on: July 02, 2015, 04:41:47 PM »
This has been something of an on-going issue I've been having: multiple actions responding to the same command. If it's using the same command, every action in the scene using it will respond. This is one of the more glaring examples.

This is for my save-file system. You left-click on the options to the right of the file in question to either start a new game or pick up where you left off, but as you can see in the screenshots, left-clicking one triggers every action also using the left mouse button. But this is not what i wanted. It should only be doing it for either/or but not both at the same time.  It's happened on a number of different occasions even with keyboard commands. How do I fix this?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Multiple actions responding to same command
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 04:50:35 PM »
Need to see some pictures of the FSMs to see whats happening here.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Seiryu33

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »
This is what I have so far. It's a very simple set-up meant to write certain gameobjects into the save file so that progress can be saved before starting the game. I'm using Arraymaker and EasySave2 to make my save-file system. I feel like I'm missing a step. It's the same issue I've had with double-commands, like in an attack sequence where the player make one attack and then makes another using the same button.

Seiryu33

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »
Are there any tutorials for creating mouse or keyboard commands using the same button? It would be too awkward to have to use different buttons for save files or even player items.  It shouldn't  be doing it. I tried doing mousepick but got the same result.

DarkSoul

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 04:43:54 PM »
Hello

No , you are using get mouse button , you are not clicking on gui itself if you click anywhere it will trigger it .

You are not using the ui at anything it is just a look in your scene.

I have not used this on Gui but I used it on a cube in the scene :
Use Mouse Pick Event Action on each ui element (it should have a collider) and when user click down on the ui element you do your thing save or load.
This is made easily using Ngui (onclick)

I hope it helps.