playMaker

Author Topic: state stops at "Audio Play" action , randomly reoccuring problem  (Read 2130 times)

friendlydog

• Junior Playmaker
Hi,
this particular problem I am having on and off, all of a sudden it works, then -for no reason I have it again. Unity 4.6. IOS target.

I have a game object with an audio source attached. From another game object FSM I call Audio Play to a GO variable, linked to the audio source GO.
this action I use several times within the same FSM, on several objects. mostly works.
except sometimes, every 2 weeks or so, ONE of these actions just stop the entire state stack execution, as if its waiting for audio play completion or some return from something. (the audio is playing, the action just doesnt exit)

I tried:
delete action, reapply-
reinstall playmaker-
update playmaker to latest.
put action in different states.
switch game audio source GO with some other audiosource GO (that is working fine in other states with the "Audio Play" action").
out some other Action in front and / or after.
check "finished" paramter in Audio action, on and off.
set "on shot clip" to "none"
leave "one shot Clip" as is. (empty).
moved project from windows to mac.

nothing works. in the end,I have to put the "broken" Audio Play action at the very end of my state chain, since it can freeze all it wants there, which is a very ugly and inflexible work around,

what can I do? :-( :(

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Re: state stops at "Audio Play" action , randomly reoccuring problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »
simple workaround way could be to use a "next frame" event to exit the state after the play audio started playing?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: state stops at "Audio Play" action , randomly reoccuring problem
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:00:35 PM »
Hi,
what you also can do is set your audio in a different fsm and use a send event