playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Demo not accurate? [SOLVED]  (Read 3087 times)

Zarpd

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Demo not accurate? [SOLVED]
« on: July 28, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »
I'm trying to learn how to use photon, so I downloaded it for playmaker ( from https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928 ) and got the demo from the same site.  The scene will run without errors and it's working fine.

But the scene I'm getting is not like the one listed under the documentation (at https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927 ).  There are no FSMs on any objects, and the Menu, Game, and Chat game objects do not exist.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious?  Or is this scene NOT set up with playmaker, as the documentation suggests?

Using Playmaker 1.7.8.3
Unity 5.1.2f1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 11:01:12 AM by Zarpd »

ETGgames

• Junior Playmaker
    • ETGgames
Re: Photon Demo not accurate?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 10:43:06 AM »
Same problem, after I set up photon, I was ready to go. But no. Not only are there no demo playmaker scenes, there is no online documentation step by step absolute beginners tutorial on how to use photon with playmaker! outrageous! Why would playmaker list it on their site IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PLAYMAKER! GRR

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 10:47:34 AM »
It is there... or not?

Zarpd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 11:00:56 AM »
600's post just helped me figure this out.

I downloaded the package straight from the site, but my Photun Unity Network Folder does NOT have a Playmaker folder inside of it.  It has the DemoWorker-Scene and DemoWorkerGame-Scene, but that's not what I needed.

HOWEVER, the scene I AM looking for (with functioning FSMs!) is located in Assets >Playmaker Custom Samples >PhotonUnityNetwork > DemoWorker.

I have no idea why it would be put in a different spot like that, but I'm able to see it now.  So consider me grateful and confused!

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Photon Demo not accurate? [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
I didn't know, might be changed with last updates. New location makes more sense :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:22:21 AM »
Hi,

Yes, the location changed. I updated the wiki to reflect this better.

As for demos with nothing, I am not too sure what's going on. My tests locally run fine when I install these packages on a fresh project. Have you upgraded from 4.x to 5.x? that could be the problem.

Bye,

Jean

ETGgames

• Junior Playmaker
    • ETGgames
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 05:29:13 AM »
Thanks! Without this, I don't think there is any proper tutorial showing how to use photon and unity;

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 01:38:07 AM »
Hi,

I recall a PlayMaker member did a demo explaning Photon and PlayMaker on the asset store, but I can't find it anymore. That's odd, it seems it was removed.

here it is:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18977

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:40:33 AM by jeanfabre »