Archived Boards > Windows Phone 8 Help

Failed to build for windows phone, [DATAMAKER INCOMPATIBLE]

<< < (2/6) > >>

ergin:
I still couldn't make Datamaker projects build to windows phone, could it be the amd cpu? (since all of my cpu's are)

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I am testing right now. I'll get back when I have found the issue and provided a fix.

Thanks for giving me the versions, it helps, I am glad this is coming useful, it took me a while to start maintaining version info but it's good!

Bye,

Jean

ergin:
Thanks, I look forward for the fix.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Unfortunatly, after trying several ways to make datamaker work on windows phone, It's just not compatible as is.

You can work with Json however, which is likely why I got confused because I fixed json support for the windows platform ( within PlayMaker Utils and the Ecosystem), but not xml.

The problem is that windows phone has a special sub set support for what Unity/.net provides in general, and xml has been replaced by a version that has less support, and xPath. which means for DataMaker to work on Windows Phone, it would need a specific version using some specific commands and the logic to use to search in your xml would be different which means you would not be able to port a unique project across different platforms.

It's very bad that Windows which created the .net, is the one not supporting it properly, whereas other mobile platform support it better... it's very frustrating indeed.

I made a note on the wiki. I am also working on a project scanner within the Ecosystem which will provide in depth analysis of waht's compatible and not, this should prevent ending up in your situation.

If your project is locked because of this, we could discuss your actual needs and find an alternative so that it works across platforms.

Bye,

Jean

ergin:
Thank you! I'm currently completing the android version and as soon I finish it, I'll switch to json for windows phone.

Thanks for the great support!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version