playMaker

Author Topic: Full Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, etc. Support Wanted![SOLVED]  (Read 3650 times)

Magomusica

• Playmaker Newbie
Full Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, etc. Support Wanted![SOLVED]
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:41:57 AM »
It would be great to have full access to all the iPhone's movement sensors! The app Sensor Kinetics, for example, has an absolute abundance of different readings. Of course there is the accelerometer, which Playmaker supports. But there is also full gyroscope vectors (not just "roll") and a full vector3 readout of the "magnetometer" or compass. Then there are the device motion-derived statistics like gravity, and attitude (different than altitude). All of these seem to not be supported by playmaker, and are hardly discussed in unity forums at all, yet are such powerful features of the phone. It seems like it should be easy to make implementations to access this raw data.

If I am missing something and these actions exist please let me know. If not then this is a feature request! I've been planning an app to utilize this data, only to find out that it is not yet possible in playmaker. Is the action reference not up to date, maybe?

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 04:05:01 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Full Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, etc. Support Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:04:48 AM »
Hi,

Good catch :)

I had an action for several years... but for some reason I forgot to enable it for the Ecosystem, so now it's up :)

Also, follow me on Twitter to get these updates

Bye,

Jean

Magomusica

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Full Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass, etc. Support Wanted![SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 12:54:18 AM »
Jean, Thanks a million!!