playMaker

Author Topic: Win7 to iOS [SOLVED]  (Read 2312 times)

CyberGolem

• Playmaker Newbie
Win7 to iOS [SOLVED]
« on: October 25, 2015, 08:57:32 PM »
I apologize if this has already been asked, so please feel free to direct me to any previous post(s) that may have already addressed this. I did a search but netted zero results ...

I own both Unity Pro 5, iOS Pro and Playmaker, and was now wondering what is required to test/publish my game on my iPad from Win7. The obvious caveat is that I am authoring my game in a Win7 environment. The plus side is that it's bootcamped on a Mid 2010 Mac Pro Tower, so I have the ability to switch to OSX with a simple reboot. I've watched the video on Hutong's YouTube site on going from Unity to iOS, but still have some questions since it didn't address my cross-OS situation.

Okay, so my first question is whether or not it's even possible to directly publish to iOS in a Win7 environment. I don't think it is since XCode is required for the build, and it doesn't appear to be available for Windows. BTW I'd rather avoid a VM since it's often slower and sketchier than just rebooting to a Mac environment.

Q2 :: Does my purchase of Playmaker install on both OS's or will I have to purchase a separate copy for my OSX version of Unity? I just attempted to install Playmaker on my Win7 version, but since I haven't used it yet, I have no idea if it's even working or not.

Q3 :: Since it's all leaning heavily toward publishing the game for iOS on the Mac side, do I simply transfer the entire set of content to OSX and rebuild from there, or is it possible to save a build file that can be published without the content?

If anyone else has had a similar experience, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks very much!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:08:54 PM by Alex Chouls »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Win7 to iOS
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:49:09 AM »
Hi,

Q1: no you can't plublish to IOS unless you are on Mac with Xcode installed and a dev account created on Apple developer website.

Q2: no, you only need to purchase PlayMaker Once, it's a per seat license, so as long as you are the one using it, you are fine, regardless on how many computer it is used. If on a computer you are several developes using PlayMaker, then each should buy his/her own license. I have several computers but they are all mine only so I am fine with one license.

Q3: Make use of Github and Sourcetree to host your project online and then you can have "working copies" on various machines, that's how you effectivly handle multi platform development, having one central repository for your project. HOWEVER, you could use the new Cloud build function of Unity, have you tried that?

Bye,

Jean