playMaker

Author Topic: gamecenter highscore/leaderboard setup  (Read 2685 times)

nepomuk

• Playmaker Newbie
gamecenter highscore/leaderboard setup
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:35:58 AM »
hi, ive got some problems.
i just want to add a variable by pushing a UI button. i am using stans assets!

can someone explain me how to do it?

1. i've set up the ISN_Game Center Init
2. in case of success the ISN_Submit score action is called.

this did not really work for me by now. also i'd like to know if i need two buttons for receiving the leaderboard and adding a score or if i can combine it?!

also im not sure what the leaderboard id looks like. it's supposed to be a 8-digit number, isnt it?

HaraldsVeiss

• Junior Playmaker
Re: gamecenter highscore/leaderboard setup
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 06:19:03 AM »
Hey Nepomuk,

Basic set up:

Before setting up the actions make sure that you have right app ID in the Stans Assets settings.

You are right to first initiate the GC by using ISN_Game Center Init. After it has been initiated I usually use finished event and float it in to an empty state and leave it be.

Leaderboard:

Go to your iTunesConnect account and add a leaderboard for your game, iTC will generate a leaderboard ID witch you will have to use in your action ISN_Submit score.

Make sure that when you are trying to submit score that you are checking if this is the best score player has and than call the ISN_Submit score action.

I usually like to make a Score Manager that checks after a play session or level if the score is better than the players current best score, and if it is better than I send an event to change the best score in game and send the score to Leaderboard by using ISN_Submit score action.

(I usually put best score in a global int so it would be easy to access from anywhere in the game. Add that Global int to the ISN_Submit score action)

Hope that this makes sense, let me know if I need to explain more.

Best,
Haralds