playMaker

Author Topic: Is playmaker the plugin I need  (Read 2202 times)

ThoughtfullGames

• Playmaker Newbie
Is playmaker the plugin I need
« on: November 27, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »
Soo here I am again , trying to create my own game. I want to make a semi-open-world rpg ( I know its a lot of work no need to tell me its imposible ) and I was wondering if Playmaker is deep enough for some of the thing I want to put in my game. With playmaker is it possible to make npc interaction ( event ) and event trigger while walking or pushing something ? Let say if my character enter a room can  the light flicker + weird sound and mist appear .... those kind of event... or my character walk by some npc and they begin to fight each other... are those event possible to do in playmaker ? and is it possible to create dialogue with choice + quest ?

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Is playmaker the plugin I need
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:24:32 PM »
Yes you can do all that with Playmaker-

But I must say it is possible to create a dialogue + quest system with Playmaker but I would look at some other assets that specialize in those tasks that have Playmaker integration to tackle that stuff0
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

ThoughtfullGames

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:54:05 PM »
I apreciate your reply I guess Ill buy it  ;D

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 06:02:22 AM »
Its %50 off right now so seems like a good time   :D
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

clandestine

• ЯKD.ZONE
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »
but I would look at some other assets that specialize in those tasks that have Playmaker integration to tackle that stuff0

I started the same, i've spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in assets, systems, integrations, shaders... and after 1 year in development, for the published game i ended up removing everything one by one and left only PlayMaker. What i'm saying is that the more purchased assets you have, the more problems you'll have, the more you have to learn and depend on other people. It might be a little bit more time consuming, but PlayMaker is more than capable of tackling every task you can do with script.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 04:05:20 AM by clandestine »