playMaker

Author Topic: Can PlayMaker works with Forge Networking?  (Read 2490 times)

detomato

• Playmaker Newbie
Can PlayMaker works with Forge Networking?
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:59:13 PM »
Hi,
I wonder if PlayMaker works with Forge Networking? I know PlayMaker has good support for Photon, but I cant find anything related to Forge Networking.

Btw, have to sidetrack on the topic a bit. I was wondering since AssetBundle cant accept script, does it have any problem with PlayMaker state machine?

I do not have PlayMaker atm, as I just moved to new company.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Can PlayMaker works with Forge Networking?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:29:34 AM »
Hi,

PlayMaker certainly works with MultiPlayers environment, I even wrote a server side Physics scene that runs on a headless Unity on EC2 Amazon, and all is driven by PlayMaker.

However, to work with Force networking specifically, you'll need to write custom actions and components to "connect" PlayMaker and Forge together. Typically, this is an involving process and requires good understanding of both PlayMaker and Forge to dive into this.

Currently, Exitgames Photon networking system is what I recommend using because I maintain this properly.

http://j.mp/1IIXNRS

I created a demo scene with all documentations so you can study and learn how to work with Photon and PlayMaker.

If you must use other technology, and don't have the necessary c# skills to work it out, I would contact the publishers and see if they are willing to support PlayMaker.

also, since PlayMaker Fsm are not scripts per say, but logic  being executed at runtime, I am pretty sure you can submit an app with bundles actually featuring fsm's.

Technically, this is fine.

Bye,

Jean

detomato

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 05:48:04 AM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for the reply. I read through the Forge's forum in the Unity website and the dev (I asume) said that there are some members did somehow get it worked with PlayMaker, but not sure to what extend. Only members can have access to Forge's own wiki page and chat. So theres no way for me to find out. Perhaps it is better and easier for you to communicate with the dev personally.

There are a lot of positive feedback on Forge Networking, I think its matter of time PlayMaker need to have official action for it.

Thanks again Jean.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 06:17:22 AM »
Hi,

That would be great indeed. Make sure you raise your voice for supporthing this effort. It's always very important for publishers to know they will invest time and effort into something that will be used.

Bye,

Jean