playMaker

Author Topic: Touch Object Event on Ipod  (Read 2558 times)

Sly

Touch Object Event on Ipod
« on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
Hello,

I recently made an application on android and touch object event work fine.

Now I'm trying to make an application on Ipod. I just wondering if Touch Object Event is working the same as for Iphone/Android?

I'm asking because I tried on Ipod and the touch is not working, nothing happened. Can someone confirm is exactly the same?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Touch Object Event on Ipod
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 01:53:21 AM »
Hi,

Touches are supposed to be consistent across all platforms as far as I know and tested, so it should be the same for ipod.

Is it not a problem of screen ratio and your camera being out of ratio creating a issue with raycasting?

Have you tested in your editor using the right game view resolution ( the one you expect in ipod).

Bye,

Jean

Sly

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:34:21 AM »
Hello,

To be honest, it's barely the same app than I made on android.
So it's a good question, and I will think about it!

But I'm actually thinking about the platform detection. For this I'm using "Platform Dependent Events" and it's possible the detection failed. I'm gonna test my app without trying to detect, but set it directly to iphone. I will let you know if it's working with this.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:39:40 AM »
Hi,

ah... that's possible to that platform dependent event is not firing what you expect. There is no dedicated event for ipod...

you'll need to use the action "GetSystemInformations" on the Ecosystem for this.

Bye,

Jean