playMaker

Author Topic: Uservoice Feedback integration  (Read 5633 times)

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Uservoice Feedback integration
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:36:17 PM »
There's a handy webapp (that's free for one moderator) called uservoice

http://www.uservoice.com/feedback/

Their feedback product has the ability for people to add suggestions for feature requests, or changes and then can be voted on by the forum members or guests.  This may help you determine which upcoming features to work on first based on the demand by your users.  I've seen it integrated into a number of forums before and it works great, the also have a bug tracking front end but i'm sure your already using something along those lines.

anywhoo, just thought it might be cool

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Uservoice Feedback integration
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »
I was looking at this one:
http://getsatisfaction.com/

But I like the look of uservoice better.

When you say you've seen it integrated into forums before, what does that look like? How would it integrate with this forum?

I like the look of these tools, but I'm a little concerned about having too many ways to give feedback. Right now we have an integrated bug report tool, a forum, a beta google group, a unity forum thread, a retired feedback forum on fogbugz... But maybe uservoice can help consolidate some of these channels...?

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Uservoice Feedback integration
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 09:02:14 AM »
Here's a little handy video explaining a bit how their feedback system works.

Here's another video on viewing help desk reports and user traffic etc

I think your right about how many different ways you are tracking everything right now, its probably a lot to organize!

As for forum integration i guess I've seen uservoice used as a replacement for bug reports/feedback requests rolled into one. Although i've seen "uservoice" links added to forum topics to direct ideas back to the uservoice feedback system to encourage people to vote.

The helpdesk portion of uservoice allows users to submit bugs and you can track them and get all kinds of analytics on how many bugs your getting (after a big release for example) and what types of bugs.  Each bug report email gets automatically added as a ticket and can be assigned to different team members to be worked on.

There's also a knowledge base section to keep track of more common questions....

As for feedback, users are taken to the uservoice page where they can suggest ideas or feature requests or  new actions etc.  Everyone is given 10 votes to start with and they can browse through existing ideas or apply those to their own ideas.  You'll start to see what ideas are the most popular over time based on how the voting is going so you can see where you want to spend your time in development.

Also as the administrator you can mark their ideas as reviewing/worked on/planned to give feedback back to the users and let them know you are listening (which you have already always been awesome with)

Anywhoo, it might be a big undertaking to move everything all over to their system, but it might also be nice to have it all in one place with all the bells and whistles.  (and it might be easier than you think because you can forward all of your bug reports directly into their system and it will auto create tickets too)

I recommend trying out their free account plan to give it a look.