playMaker

Author Topic: Buggy state label creation in 1.3.2  (Read 3216 times)

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
Buggy state label creation in 1.3.2
« on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
I didn't have this issue before upgrading to 1.3.2 (which was otherwise a very welcome update, seemed to fix all my other issues).

Basically, from time to time (doesn't seem reproducible in any specific circumstances... it's just intermittent) changing the state label will not work. Type in the new name, push enter or click elsewhere, and the label stays as it was before. You can keep trying over and over, and it will not work.
But going an doing other things in Playmaker first, then coming back to try again later, seems to help.

Anyone else encountered this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Buggy state label creation in 1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 12:35:26 AM »
Hi,

now that you say that, I had this yesterday, I went creating a new fsm, first commented ont he fsm description, then impossible to rename the start state label. I went doing other things, cause I thougth, ok this will go away, and yes, I came back later on after having done many other things, and it was then working.

so yes, something possibly odd in that area.

bye,

Jean

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
Thank you, it's good to know it's not just me. Hopefully the developers can look into this.

playmakerNewb

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:22 AM »
Seeing this same behavior here as well.

I've also noticed that the longer I keep the playmaker editor open, that sometimes it doesn't take/save my changes to nodes.  I click on a node, change an action's parameters (for example).  Hit Ctrl+S to save the scene.  Run, and notice that my node has reverted back to the old parameter.  My workaround has been to click on a node, make a change, then click on another node, click back on the original node to verify the change, then save.  This only happens after having the editor open for a bit of time...

dasbin

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:22:54 PM »
Just wanted to bump this so hopefully the devs see it.

I noticed something about the bug: if you choose a significantly different / smaller name, it will work! But if you keep trying the same name, or a similar name, it won't rename the state until you've been working on other stuff for a while then come back to it.
Very weird.

playmakerNewb

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »
I've found that if I work with the tool for any length of time, it will not save the states for many of my actions, etc.  I have to close unity and reopen it.  Then everything goes back to working...for a while.