playMaker

Author Topic: Text on Trigger Enter and Exit  (Read 2189 times)

TeamLiveBadass

• Playmaker Newbie
Text on Trigger Enter and Exit
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:01:23 PM »
I'm just so tired of searching for the answer to this question so thanks for taking the time to read this. I have the newest version of Unity and the Beta version of Playmaker. While watching the tutorial videos on Youtube video #3 discusses triggers and Gui text. I've watched all the videos now and have a pretty decent understanding of the asset but for the life of me I can't figure out Gui Text.

I realize it is no longer in the drop down menu. I also have read that there is a "EcoSystem" download that will allow Playmaker to work with the new UI. I have searched for a few hours for this and haven't come up with anything.

So here is my question. Can someone step by step explain like I am 5 how I can get text and or buttons appear on my screen when I walk into the trigger and disappear on trigger exit. Preferably through Playmaker.

Thank you for reading.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Text on Trigger Enter and Exit
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:06 AM »
Hi,
you can find the EcoSystem here
Download the EcosystemBrowser Package, then in unity go to "Assets/Import Package/Custom Package and select and install the package you downloaded.

Then in unty go to Playmaker/Addons/Eco System. and click on "Eco System Browser"

Then in the searchbox write "ugui"
select and get "ugui Proxy Full"

Now go to GameObject/Ui and select "Text"
This will automatically create a canvas and a text object.

Now you can search for the action "ugui text set text" and use that instead of "set Gui Text" from the video.

for more info about ugui you can check this tutorial :

to use buttons and sliders on ugui you can check this tutorial out :

and this tutorial :