playMaker

Author Topic: Animation Issues  (Read 1122 times)

mTruly

• Junior Playmaker
Animation Issues
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:48:15 PM »
Unity 5.3.1/Playmaker 1.8

I have a simple FSM setup with two states... StateA and StateB.

In StateB I have a GUI Button and Play Animation action.

1.  Inside the Play Animation action in the 'Anim Name' slot... when I try to use the little pull-down to the right of the slot... it says 'No animation on GameObject'.  There was an Animation component on the gameobject but it wasn't available from the pulldown.

Being a noob... I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work so I typed in the name of the animation in the slot anyway.  When in Run mode... I clicked the button and the animation played.  I closed Unity and then re-opened Unity and the project.  Now when I go to use the pulldown by the Anim Name slot... it lists the animation name on the gameobject.  Not sure if it's properly seeing the animation name or if it's because of my typing it in.  Weird.

2.  StateA has a Stop Animation action and a Rewind Animation action.  When going into StateA... the playing animation stops (so that seems to be working) but the animation does not rewind.  (Both of these actions had the same Anim Name pulldown problem as above but now are listing the proper name I typed in earlier).  Any idea why the Rewind isn't working?

Thanks!