PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Enable / Disable Control Scripts functions?

(1/2) > >>

Col. Phil Bilko:
Hello again;

I am trying to disable / enable an ability on my game object which has the FSM attached to it, the object is controlled by a script and in that script I want to enable and disable an ability. Basically what I would like to do is based on what TAG (Magnetic / NOT Magnetic) the object has, would determine if this ability is enabled or disabled. Collide with Magnetic = True / Collide with NOT Magnetic = False.

How would I go about setting that up?

Regards;

Bilko

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Is that not simply a matter of maintaining a boolean value acting as a flag?

In your Fsm, you create a bool variable called MagneticEnabled

You then set it to true or false and when it collides, you check for that boolean and act accordingly like triggering an event or another/none.

the action to check for a boolean value is : https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W76

Do you have a problem in understanding how to do it in fsm, or simply how to do even if you could script it normally?

Bye,

Jean

Col. Phil Bilko:
Yes to all, I am a complete novice and know no code what so ever, as I am an artist not a coder, unfortunately I wish I knew that too hahahaha it would make life easier.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Understood :)

I'll shoot a screen cast hopefully within the next few hours to show you how you can achieve this.

Bye,

Jean

Col. Phil Bilko:
Oh that would be such a help, thanks ever so much. I look forward to viewing this.

Regards;

Bilko

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version