playMaker

Author Topic: Apple TV, tvOS, Xcode build errors[SOLVED]  (Read 13672 times)

Ohms

• Playmaker Newbie
Apple TV, tvOS, Xcode build errors[SOLVED]
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
I am getting some exc_bad_access build errors in Xcode while trying to run a build for tvOS and was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problem?  Incidentally, the iOS builds I have outputted work fine on iPhone/iPad and I have ran the standard unity example projects on the AppleTV (that don't use playmaker)  There were number of playmaker build errors I had to overcome when building for tvOS from unity but now that that is working, Xcode is causing problems.

I am using:
Unity V5.3.1
MacOS V10.10.5
Playmaker V1.7.8.2
Xcode 7.2
tvOS 9.1.1

Any help would be great :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:48:11 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Apple TV, tvOS, Xcode build errors
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 12:59:51 AM »
Hi,

I don't own a tvOS so I can't test unfortunatly. Hopefully someone will step up and give more infos on this.

Have you tried to play with player settings? especially

-- ' Api Compatibility Level"
-- Strip engine code

Bye,

Jean

Ohms

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:50 AM »
Hi Jean

I have tried those as you had suggested but I sill get the same error:

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

ArgumentException: Path is empty
  at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.get_trace (System.Exception e, Int32 skipFrames, Boolean fNeedFileInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.File.Exists (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ES2FileStream.CreateStorageStream () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ES2FileStream.Store () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ES2.Save[T] (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 param, System.String identifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListEasySave.SaveArrayList () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ArrayListEasySave.OnEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.ProcessEvent (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Event (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventTarget eventTarget, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

(lldb)

Ohms

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 08:46:23 AM »
So it may actually be an easy save problem as I don't think they support tvOS...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 08:55:39 AM »
Hi,

uhm... yes indeed.

the usualy steps to make sure this is not a PlayMaker issue are the following:

1: fresh project, nothing! and publish a totally blank scene
2: import PlayMaker, still using a blank scene
3: put an fsm doing a very basic rotation or something
4: add other assets one after the other

you need to go trhough these steps to make sure you don't accumulate a series of problems and turn away from the problem due to misleading errors.

Bye,

Jean

kavery

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 03:14:04 PM »
Has anyone had luck with apple TV? I'd like to try building to mine but I feel like it would be a big time investment.. plus I need to learn about Xcode. Before spending a week on this, vs. say getting touch mobile working.. it'd be cool to know if anyone has had success.

I'd be willing to contribute 1/2 toward getting Alex an apple TV .. If that would help PM diversity as a whole. I've been in a circle trying to find other avenues beyond PC builds and mobile. But if I know that's all I should focus on, I don't have a problem with that. Just seems like the Apple Tv could use more games.

Lars Steenhoff

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 03:45:17 PM »
"Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/RectTransform/RectTransformContainsScreenPoint.cs(10,57): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

And many more of them, Apple tv seems to be different enough that playmaker wont run on it.  please let me know what i can do to help solve this problem

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 01:55:22 AM »
Hi,

Send a direct mail to Alex if you want to contribute to supporting AppleTv. This is a great initiative, thanks for the offer.

Are you using the latest beta from Unity? and have you properly setup the PlayMaker dll platform settings ( select the PlayMaker dll in the plugins folder)?

Bye,

Jean

kavery

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
Yes if anyone else wants to help encourage or help Alex get a TV box please PM Alex with a donation offer! He would only need $50 more or so, so even 5 or 10 would make a big difference! 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 12:37:17 AM »
Hi,

I made a trello task for people to express their will to donate:

https://trello.com/c/ZJMjnUhY/165-apple-tv-hardware-purchase

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
I picked up an Apple TV, so hopefully we should have an update to fix build errors soon...

Lars Steenhoff

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 05:09:39 PM »
 :)  Happy to hear !

and enjoy it  8), It's really nice what unity can do on the big screen.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 12:16:08 AM »
I'm still waiting on a USB C cable from Amazon to deploy to the device, but the build errors all seemed to be with MovieTexture actions. You could try removing those actions to test a build. I'll let you know when I get a build running on the device...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 04:51:35 PM »
Ok, I was able to build to Apple TV. It seems like MovieTextures are not supported yet. I've attached a unitypackage that fixes incompatible actions.

Lars Steenhoff

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 04:51:06 AM »
Thanks Alex!

This is great  :)