playMaker

Author Topic: 1.7.8.3 build fail (unity 5.2.1)  (Read 7043 times)

andeliseev

• Playmaker Newbie
1.7.8.3 build fail (unity 5.2.1)
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »
Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper2/UnusedBytecodeStripper2.exe -out "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/tempStrip" -l none -c link -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/native_link.xml" -f "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/LinkerDescriptors" -x "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/../platform_native_link.xml" -x "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/methods_pointedto_by_uievents.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/Animation.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/Audio.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/IMGUI.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/Physics.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/Physics2D.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/TextRendering.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/UI.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/link.xml" -x "/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/Tools/UnusedByteCodeStripper/native_link.xml" -x "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Assets/link.xml" -d "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed" -a  "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" -a  "/Users/andeliseev/Documents/ZombieNew/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/PlayMaker.dll"

stdout:
Fatal error in Mono CIL Linker
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromPreserveAttribute.IsPreserveAttribute (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference arg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromPreserveAttribute.<HasPreserveAttribute>m__0 (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[CustomAttribute] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromPreserveAttribute.HasPreserveAttribute (ICustomAttributeProvider type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromPreserveAttribute.ProcessType (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition type, Mono.Linker.LinkContext context, Boolean assemblyHasPreserveAttribute) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnusedBytecodeStripper2.ResolveFromPreserveAttribute.Process (Mono.Linker.LinkContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process (Mono.Linker.LinkContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Linker.Driver.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Mono.Linker.Driver.RunDriver (Mono.Linker.Driver driver) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
stderr:

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
UnityEditorInternal.Runner:RunManagedProgram(String, String, String, CompilerOutputParserBase) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:66)
UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:RunAssemblyLinker(IEnumerable`1, String&, String&, String, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:192)
UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:StripAssembliesTo(String, String, String&, String&, String, String, IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:185)
UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:Strip(String, String, String&, String&, String, String, IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:136)
UnityEditorInternal.AssemblyStripper:Strip(String[], String[], String, String, String&, String&, String, String, IEnumerable`1) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:121)
UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:RunAssemblyStripper(IEnumerable, String, String[], String[], String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:441)
UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:StripAssemblies(IEnumerable`1, String) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:414)
UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder:Run() (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:291)
UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils:RunIl2Cpp(String, String, IIl2CppPlatformProvider, Action`1, RuntimeClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:211)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: 1.7.8.3 build fail (unity 5.2.1)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:12:08 AM »
Hi,
i see some Il2CPPU errors so maybe check out this post

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:18 AM »
Hi,

I am testing on all U5 versions and it works. It's likely a problem with setting up your dlls per platforms..

Bye,

Jean

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 05:54:13 AM »
What does this mean? "It's likely a problem with setting up your dlls per platforms.." I thought that was done automatically? I can't use .Net subset which is supposed to fix some other Playmaker errors because of this. What does one need to do to fix this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 03:04:06 AM »
Hi,

This thread is very old. Are you experiencing the very same set of errors? Is it on the very same Unity and PlayMaker version?

The fix here is likely ( If deploying to webgl or mobile) to work with the Linker wizard to gather all the usages for "Set Property" and "Get Property" actions.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 04:43:45 AM »
Hi Jean,

Same set of errors and the thing is that I have used Linker Wizard & have a link.xml file. I don't know why it's not using it and gives this error instead. I even deleted Linker Wizard and recreated it from the menu, then ran it again. Still the same problem.

Same Playmaker version, but Unity 5.1.1p4. Got the patch to try and fix it, still nothing. This is with .Net 2.0 Subset but with just .Net 2.0 is the other thread I posted where again Linker Wizard / link.xml is not used and then throws errors inside the iOS build.

Thanks,
Lydia

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 02:11:12 AM »
Hi,

what are your publishing settings, you have IL2cpp enabled right? It's mandatory now for IOS.

I would also make a duplicate of that project, and then:
1: upgrade to 1.8 , verify all is well
2: upgrade to latest Unity, verify all is well
3: publish to IOS

bye,

Jean

memetic arts

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 01:06:53 AM »
Greetings -

I'd definitely like to hear the results, as I was unable to upgrade to latest version of Unity and successfully publish to iOS -- had to roll back to 5.3.1f1.

Thx

rr

lkmad

• Beta Group
  • Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:06 PM »
Hello!

I've upgraded to 1.7.8.3 with Unity 5.3.4. A friend of mine gave me access to his Mac computer so that I can test in there as my mac computer is too old and takes too long to create builds. I was able to test a small part of the game successfully (aside from the Linker issues mentioned in the other thread). Discovered a 'Play Sound' issue with it being too quiet now that 3D option is on, so I've been spending last couple of days to remove all Play Sound actions and replace them with a Play Audio inside a manager.

I will report back whether I am able to submit an iOS build after I test things thoroughly on my iDevices. Also discovered that 'Level Loaded' is no longer recognized correctly - though I'm not sure if it's iOS specific or a new Unity issue.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 02:12:32 AM »
Hi,

It's likely an issue within your project or setup. I can confirm that IOS publishing works fine.

Bye,

Jean