playMaker

Author Topic: Help: Animating character with holding down mouse left click  (Read 1104 times)

auditoryscenes

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello, everyone. I actually have a question about holding down left mouse click and animating my character that have puzzled me for some days. I hope some of you may guide me to the right direction.

I actually successfully make a character implementing a salute gesture with "Get mouse Button down" and "Set Animator Bool"and also setting up a Bool in the animator with the salute action that links to an idle state. This will trigger the character to do a complete action of the salute (from hand up to hand down).

But I want to change this sightly, I want to hold down the mouse left click (or any key) for holding the gesture of salute  (hand up) and when the mouse left click release, the character's hand is down.

I am not sure if anyone can guide me to have this modification. Would be great if anyone can help!

Thank you very much!

Silicon Power

Re: Help: Animating character with holding down mouse left click
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 07:55:35 AM »
Hello, everyone. I actually have a question about holding down left mouse click and animating my character that have puzzled me for some days. I hope some of you may guide me to the right direction.

I actually successfully make a character implementing a salute gesture with "Get mouse Button down" and "Set Animator Bool"and also setting up a Bool in the animator with the salute action that links to an idle state. This will trigger the character to do a complete action of the salute (from hand up to hand down).

But I want to change this sightly, I want to hold down the mouse left click (or any key) for holding the gesture of salute  (hand up) and when the mouse left click release, the character's hand is down.

I am not sure if anyone can guide me to have this modification. Would be great if anyone can help!

Thank you very much!

So use Key Down to enable Bool state to transfer animation from idle to salute and then use Key Up to change Bool to false and get back to idle animation again.