playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] v1.8.0 (beta 40) Running Slowly  (Read 5209 times)

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
[SOLVED] v1.8.0 (beta 40) Running Slowly
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:59:41 PM »
Hi,

I've recently updated and Playmaker is running a little on the slow side now. I've tried various Unity versions, 5.3 and 5.2, on Mac and PC but the problem exists on all systems as described as below.

When I click on any State to move its position, there's a delay of 3-4 seconds before it moves (with a spinning wheel on the Mac). Once moved, there's another delay.

This only happens when there are maybe 200 states in an FSM, on other FSMs where there are 20 states it runs as expected. Am I overstretching it?

There's no errors displaying, and I wondered if there have been any reports of this behaviour or where I can delve a little deeper to investigate.

Thanks in advance,
Steven
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:09:15 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: v1.8.0 (beta 40) Running Slowly
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:31 PM »
I'm not seeing this. We have a stress test scene with hundreds of FSMs each with hundreds of states to test editor performance. So I'd like to figure out what's happening in your case...

Do you have other third party plugins in the project?
Does this happen in all projects or a specific one?
Are you editing a prefab or a prefab instance?
Does disabling the Realtime Error Checker in Preferences help?
Can you share the project? E.g. PM me a download link.

Thanks!
Alex

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
Thanks, Alex,

As it's late, I'll look more in to this tomorrow morning.

One curious thing, I have Easy Touch installed and only use a Gesture action once, but in the Actions Browser the action has [3] next to it.

One is the genuine one, then one is a template (I've never used any templates, and just checked the Template Browser and there's nothing listed), and the last one is Missing Owner.

When I click on the Missing Owner one I get:

Selecting State with no Fsm selected!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmSelection:SelectState(FsmState, Boolean, Boolean) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmSelection.cs:340)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SelectState(FsmState, Boolean) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditor.cs:1364)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmInfo:Select() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmInfo.cs:70)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmInfo:SelectFsmInfo(Object) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmInfo.cs:90)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32)

I don't think it's something I've done   8)

Steven

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 07:13:25 PM »
Actually, that repeated action [3] has cleared (it's because I duplicated the action in another FSM to test why the slowdown was happening).

Tomorrow, I will feedback some more.

Thanks,
Steven

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 08:03:54 PM »
Hi Alex,

Right, I should be sleeping, but I wanted to test this further.

I've created a blank Unity project in v5.3.1 p4 and imported Playmaker 1.8.

I created an FSM and just added a bunch of states with the wait action. When I get to 225 to stress test, when I move the states around there is a delay when I click on them, and when I put them down. The pause gets longer the more states there is, at 600 it is 2-3 seconds before and after. Linking the states also creates a delay.

Done the same thing with Playmaker 1.7.8.4 and the movement is smooth.

Went in to preferences and unchecked all the error checking and it made no difference. As mentioned before, Unity 5.3 and Unity 5.2.

Can experiment more but now sleep for me :)

Cheers,
Steven

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 09:48:38 PM »
Thanks for the info.

So it looks like something got slower in the State Inspector. I'm looking into it now... In the meantime, a workaround is to collapse action foldouts. Tip: You can control click one foldout to open/close all the actions on that state.

Will let you know when I know more...

play_edu

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 04:45:19 AM »
Hi,

i have to monitor so i play game in 1 monitor and open play maker window in 2 monitor but when playing game it's play slow  when play maker window is open and i close window then play fast. in old ver it's not happening.
also i use sqlite with play maker.in old ver looping processes if fast and in  1.8(beta 40) it's slow.

best regards,
play_edu

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
There's an update in the store that should fix editor performance issues with larger FSMs. Import and install 1.8.0 beta 41 from the Welcome Window.

play_edu

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 10:46:52 PM »
Thanks For Quick Help. ;D

play_edu

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 03:57:07 AM »
Hi,

thanks for Quick Fix my issue.

LogLady

Re: [SOLVED] v1.8.0 (beta 40) Running Slowly
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
Hi!

I'm using Unity 5.3.2p2 and Playmaker 1.8.0f43 and in editor (not in play mode or .exe) I'm experiencing massive slowdown to do anything from click on inspector to search an action or copy/paste a state. Since the 1.8.0f41 I'm experiencing this. I have unchecked the "real-time error check" and my project is using the arraymaker addon and easysave 2 (this was added later after the slowdown was happening). My project has  1705 game objects and 36 arraylists and no prefabs. I have older projects with many more objects and no slowdowns happens.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!  :D