PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Pre-release Discussion

Any forseeable issues with Unity 5.4?

(1/2) > >>

playsteven:
Hey,

With Unity 5.4 on the horizon, I wonder if there will be any issues on release with PlayMaker.

I know Unity moved some stuff around in either 5.2 or 5.3 (I can't remember which one) but does anybody think they'll do the same again and mess things up?

Thanks,
Steven

hh:
I've been unable to make a (x86_64) build using the most recent beta version of Unity 5.4 due to these errors:

GetBool is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'PlayMakerWelcomeWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEditor.EditorPrefs:GetBool(String, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerWelcomeWindow:.cctor() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerWelcomeWindow.cs:97)

SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'FsmEditorWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEngine.Application:add_logMessageReceived(LogCallback)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.ctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:51)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.cctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:22)

Alex Chouls:

--- Quote from: playsteven on March 02, 2016, 03:54:18 AM ---Hey,

With Unity 5.4 on the horizon, I wonder if there will be any issues on release with PlayMaker.

I know Unity moved some stuff around in either 5.2 or 5.3 (I can't remember which one) but does anybody think they'll do the same again and mess things up?

Thanks,
Steven

--- End quote ---

We work with the current Unity beta to try and fix any compatibility issues before release. If you're using the Unity beta you might have to wait occasionally for a fix, but our goal is to have full compatibility on final release.

playsteven:
Superb as per usual, Alex  ;D

I know 5.4 solves Android issues with OpenGL 3.0 on some devices, so it's worth a try as I'm getting some start up crashes reported on the Play Store. Goodness knows what issues will be introduced though.

I haven't been able to give it a try, hh, as I'm one of those poor folks who don't get access to the latest builds :)

ticklishbutterfly518:
Luckily, I didn't have any problems at all so I can enjoy Unity 5.4 easily!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version