playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors[SOLVED]  (Read 24139 times)

hh

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors[SOLVED]
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:06:56 AM »
Getting these errors using Unity 5.4.0 beta 7 and version 1.8.0.f41 of PlayMaker:

GetBool is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'PlayMakerWelcomeWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEditor.EditorPrefs:GetBool(String, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerWelcomeWindow:.cctor() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerWelcomeWindow.cs:97)

SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'FsmEditorWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEngine.Application:add_logMessageReceived(LogCallback)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.ctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:51)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.cctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:22)

The GetBool one is easy enough to remove but not sure how to fix the SetLogCallbackDefined error.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:12:13 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 11:05:26 AM »
Hi, these look like new restrictions in the 5.4 beta.
I'll need to update the build to fix these...

Are they blocking errors or can you continue to use Playmaker after the error?
I'll PM you about getting access to the Playmaker beta so you can test the fix asap.

hh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
Thanks for the quick response. We can still use PlayMaker in the editor but are unable to make builds.

Devistute

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »
Not in my case. I cant even run test game since it spits out exact same errors as above :/
My game, "The Reminiscence" which uses playMaker almost in all interaction the game offers!

http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-reminiscence

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »
@Devis I sent you a PM about joining the Playmaker beta group.

bakanoodle

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 05:41:18 PM »
I'm having this issue too, anything I can do on my end to resolve it?

bartslab

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:19:57 PM »
I also have the same problem with Unity 5.4 (Beta) if there is a solution available i would also be happy to get notified. Thanks

Ouren

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 06:28:48 PM »
I'm moving over to 5.4b
Is there a package I should use for this?
I bought Playmaker from your store, not the Asset store. :)

I don't get on the forums much here, but I'll try to check this often

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
First make sure you're using the 1.8.0 beta.

There are still a few errors on import and when you press play, but they are relatively harmless. As far as I can tell they don't actually break anything, at least when playing in the editor. To make standalone builds you'll probably need to wait for the next Playmaker update. If you need it now, send me a PM with your Playmaker invoice number and a google/gmail account and I'll send you an invite to the Playmaker Beta Group.

If you want to remove a few of the errors you can delete Assets\PlayMaker\Editor\PlayMakerDefines.cs. Unity 5.4 beta removes a few platforms so they throw errors when setting up the scripting defines. Again, the rest of the platforms work, it just fails on the removed platforms.

If you are seeing other problems with Unity 5.4 please let me know! Submitting a bug report works best since it's easier to track. Thanks!

Heart To Art Designs

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 11:38:48 PM »
Hello. I just bought this wonderful program today but I too have the error messages for the 5.4 beta version of unity. Also, when I download and import from the Asset Store, it won't load into my available assets. I've done everything. I can select it as an asset option when I create a new project but then it makes me download the entire version inside the project and then prompts all those errors. I haven't been able to enjoy your work thus far and I'd really appreciate some guidance. Thank you.

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 02:16:33 AM »
Hello, I have the same problem ("SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from OnEnable instead. Called from ScriptableObject 'FsmEditorWindow'."), with Unity 5.4.0b17 and Playmaker 1.8.0.f43.

I deleted Assets\PlayMaker\Editor\PlayMakerDefines.cs. but the error is still there.

I can play the project in editor, but I can't make a build. Is there a solution?
Thanks.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 12:33:03 AM »
Playmaker 1.8.1 should be out next week and will address 5.4 beta compatibility.

markadet

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 07:19:42 AM »
Thank you for your answer. Great new!

jinhaifeng

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »
Still having compatability errors like the original message of this thread, and also seeing lots of warnings showing up for upcoming deprecated functions. Any word on when these will be fixed with unity 5.4.0f3 ? Currently running 1.8.2 for playmaker. I commented out the code saying GetDevice is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor etc. And so it works, but have lots of warnings

This is an example of the deprecated stuff:

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerFSM
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2016, 04:15:57 AM »
Hi,

You can safely ignore the deprecated warnings, this will be address int he next version of PlayMaker when this deprecated features will be covered by PlayMaker internally.

If you still have the issues of the original post, maybe the project needs cleaning up. For example, on a fresh empty project, when you import PlayMaker, do you get errors ( apart from the deprecated warnings I mean).

Bye,

Jean