playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors[SOLVED]  (Read 24096 times)

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 03:47:20 PM »
Hey Jean,

I can confirm that the project just needed cleaning up. I had similar problems with unity 5.4. After deleting the playmaker folder and re-importing playmaker fixed the SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from OnEnable instead. Called from ScriptableObject 'FsmEditorWindow' for me.

Thanks
Rock on!

taslima54

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Unity 5.4 beta PlayMaker errors[SOLVED]
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »
This is really helpful and i am thankful for posting such an informative article.

Rabagast

• Homepage
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 02:14:18 PM »
Hi!
I'm using Unity 5.4.0f3 and Playmaker 1.8.0.f43. I also get this error.

"SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from OnEnable instead. Called from ScriptableObject 'FsmEditorWindow'.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details."

And these warnings:
OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerFSM
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerUnity2d
This message has been deprecated and will be removed in a later version of Unity.
Add a delegate to SceneManager.sceneLoaded instead to get notifications after scene loading has completed

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on ES2AutoSaveManager

I know these warnings are harmless. And the error doesn't affect the game in the editor or when I build it.

But is it any update for this now?
Check out our homepage. http://www.walsberg.no
Or my personal game blog for news about my games. http://retro-tetro.walsberg.no

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 01:34:08 AM »
Yes, these should be fixed in 1.8.3. Make sure you update Playmaker in the asset store downloads manager in Unity 5.4 to get the latest version for 5.4.

Rabagast

• Homepage
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 11:10:56 AM »
Hi!

Thanks! I updated Unity and Playmaker to the latest version. Now I only get two of this warning:

OnLevelWasLoaded was found on PlayMakerUnity2d

Is it a way to remove this warning? Or will it be removed automatically in a later version of Unity as it says in the warning msg?
Or my personal game blog for news about my games. http://retro-tetro.walsberg.no

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »
PlayMakerUnity2d is not part of the official Playmaker installation. It's probably part of an add-on or ecosystem download. It sounds like it was probably part of the Unity2D add-on that's no longer required with Playmaker 1.8.1+

Did the Update Check find this add-on in your project? You should be able to remove the Unity2d add-on from your project (backup first!).

Otherwise Jean will have to look into this...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 05:20:17 AM »
Hi,

yes, PlayMakerUnity2d script isn't necessary anymore if you have the latest version of PlayMaker.

I would suggest the following:

1: backup your project
2: get the latest version of PlayMaker
3: during installation, check the updater, it shoudl prompt you with what's not included officialy within PlayMaker. clean up your project so that the updater finds nothing potentially clashing and you'll be good.

Let me know if you struggle with this.

Bye,

Jean

Rabagast

• Homepage
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »
Hi!

So you mean I can delete the PlayMakerUnity2D script which is inside the folder Playmaker Unity 2D?

See the screenshot. Should I delete the script marked in yellow?
I have the latest version of both Unity and Playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 02:57:34 AM »
Hi,

yes, and you should actually be able to get rid of the whole folder "PlayMaker Unity 2D".

Back up before you do so as always.

Bye,

Jean

Roboboy1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »
Hi Jean,
I'm currently trying to upgrade to 1.8 to correct the serialization issue. Do I need to be on the beta list to receive it? I looked for an install folder in Playmaker>Editor as suggested in another post and I don't see it.

---------------
EDIT - The asset store showed Playmaker 1.8.3 available today from my laptop but 1.7.x on my iMac yesterday. The strange thing is that my iMac has a newer version of Unity (The latest 5.5). Very strange. I did find the install folder and installed from there and all is well with Playmaker. Now on to the Vuforia problems.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:27:49 PM by Roboboy1 »

Roboboy1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »
So I've looked at this again. I have a machine with updated OS and latest Unity which will not update Playmaker in the Download manager of the Asset store past 1.7.8.3. Even when I go direct to Playmaker's asset store page and download into a new project I get the redundant resource errors. Is this a Unity 5.5 issue?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2017, 05:47:19 AM »
Hi,

I don't experience this locally, so it's tricky to give you an exact procedure currently

but it's likely solved by cleaning up PlayMaker install totally, Make sure you back up first, and/or move the global resources and templates out of the PlayMaker folder first.

Bye,

Jean