playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] I would like to know how to set up a UnityAds.  (Read 18444 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: [SOLVED] I would like to know how to set up a UnityAds.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 09:22:38 AM »
Hi,

ok, and what do you get in the android log when you run the ecosystem sample? Unity outputs how the unity ad service got initialized.

Bye,

Jean

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 10:37:21 AM »
Ok i tried my best. This is what i got. I attached 2 log files. the log1.txt are all logs with my application name from project without playmaker. and the log2.txt are all logs with my application name from project with playmaker sample.

i dont know if i done it right.

i have no clue how to read this logs sorry.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »
Hi,

ok, there is no feedback it seems, so it's as if UnityAds isn't initialized at all.

in the sample, what does the label says before you press "show Ad", if it stays "initialize..." then you may need to initialize it manually. there is an action for this on the Ecosystem, "UnityAdInitialize", use it ( and fill up the GameId properly from the service inspector in advanced tab)

I don't have an android device unfortunatly, so I can't test myself. If someone reading this thread can double check It would be great :)

Bye,

Jean

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
the label change to "ad is ready". and on button press direct to failed. in the log from the test without playmaker is no feddback from unityads too. and this works.

i dont know. pls someone with an android device help  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »
Hi,

uhm, very interesting...

ok, on the ecosystem there is an action call UnityAdsSetDEbugLevel.

Can you use this one on start and set the debug level to "info" or "debug". We need to understand why it fails.

Bye,

Jean

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
i test a bit myself. i uncomment the debug.logs in the handleshowresult in the Unity Ads Show Ad action. if i start this then in editor it fails direct and give an error in the debuglog.

"The ad failed to be shown.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.UnityAdsShowAd:HandleShowResult(ShowResult) (at Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/UnityAds/UnityAdsShowAd.cs:121)
UnityEngine.Advertisements.Advertisement:Show(String, ShowOptions)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.UnityAdsShowAd:ShowAd() (at Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/UnityAds/UnityAdsShowAd.cs:82)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.UnityAdsShowAd:OnUpdate() (at Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/UnityAds/UnityAdsShowAd.cs:71)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnUpdate() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:255)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2170)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1425)
PlayMakerFSM:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:431)
"
But i test it now with the debugaction on start.

I attached another log with your sample. there is something with unityads in the logs. but i dont know what it all means.

thx in advance.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:12:39 PM by Weedsh »

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 02:44:22 PM »
So. I changed your action and now it works first of all. i attached the changed action.

pls have a look ;)

thx in advance

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 03:43:41 AM »
Hi,

ok, that's very odd indeed.

I am indeed finally getting an android device now, and so I'll be able to test. I'll update the code on the Ecosystem once I have verified it and cleaned up what's not working.

I am glad you found the issue! Thanks for this

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »
I am cursed with devices...

Got an android device, even took a 5 year care plan just to make sure it'll last ( and I did not trust it anyway), and guess what:

First build and run on the device, it almost melted on me... I don't know, the screen went crazy, device crashed, and since then I wasn't able to boot it up...

IOS may be more expensive and constraining, but I know why and I am fine with the extra price because I know the device works and delivers! I had the same very bad experiences with Blackberry and Windows phones... I would like it to be otherwise for sure...

So, I am sorry guys, it seems the device will get back into the shop for a replacement but it may take few days at least...

Bye,

Jean

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Ok no problem. thx for your effort. hope you get it solved.

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
Hey jeanfabre.

Have you solved your android problems and any good news?

greets

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 12:51:59 AM »
Hi,

unfortunatly, this will take at least 20 days, time for the device to go under warantee.. Boy I did have a go a the seller at the shop, as he did not wanted to swap the phone, I guess I am just used to the IOS way... "it's broken?! take a new one, and go home with a device that works..." I had the experience ,yself with my ipad where sound was dead, so I know it's true... here I have a device that you can't even use and I have to wait....

as soon as I have my device back, I'll be checking and updating accordingly the ad actions to work properly on android.

Bye,

Jean

Phuzz

• Bzilla Games
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 08:05:43 AM »
Hello,

I have tried the Action provided by Weedsh and it seems like it is working fine on my Android device, the Action from Ecosystem did not work.

Thank you  :)
Bzilla Games "Education with a Tickle!"
Qbucket Games "Voxel Games"

Zeldag

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 10:22:01 AM »
Hi,

I dont have a solution to the ad problem, but if you need to test on android and have no device, bluestacks should do it:

It is an android emulation software for windows. It is legal, free and can be useful in android development:

http://www.bluestacks.com

Hope it helps...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:03:36 AM by Zeldag »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2016, 03:13:50 AM »
Hi,

I have provided an update for this, I finally got a android device and could test and solve the problem. If you still have problem, simply download the latest version of the package and try with it.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean