playMaker

Author Topic: New Ecosystem Sample: IOS View animations  (Read 4194 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
New Ecosystem Sample: IOS View animations
« on: April 20, 2015, 03:57:50 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Just released a new sample on the Ecosystem, one of the most advanced available so far on the Ecosystem.

Search for "Controller" for example, the sample is named "u Gui Ios View Controller".

You can play this sample published for the web.

Watch the youtube device screencast of how the app is working ( no sound), I'll do a proper explanation video in few days.

This sample covers the new Unity UI system coupled with animations to present and dismiss "views" like on IOS typically. I tried to make this sample reusable ( it works for me, but let me know of course), by using templates and some defined protocoles, that if you stick to it, you'll eba ble to create your whole app with just these.

It features:

-- templates for animation, you can create more, the sample lets you animate vertically or horizontally

-- proper communication between controllers and views. The sample will demonstrate how views can be made aware of them being presented, animated, dismissed etc etc. It follows loosely the IOS protocoles for UIViews, and it's very powerful in my opinion.

-- It's using some advanced features and custom actions such as a new version of RunFsm, which lets you select the template! so no more hardcoding on that front.

-- works on all platforms
-- works on all screensizes and device orientations!
-- works on IOS ILc2pp, so it's ready for submition.

I'll be doing a screencast to present and explain the various concepts, but I have to catch up with pending threads for while now :)

Bye,

Jean

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:10:48 AM by jeanfabre »

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: New Ecosystem Sample: IOS View animations
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 07:03:58 AM »
Hey Jean

This is an awesome template and is exactly what we need for our current project.
Im just experience some issues. which is very weird. firstly when i create a new project them sample scene works perfectly. but when i add it to my own project i get a couple of errors, I've included an image that shows them.

Now the other weird things is that first time i installed the actions from the website, this literally cases unity to pause. so i then tried the ecosystem and that only displays the errors and doesn't pause unity.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

kind regards
luke
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:05:45 AM by 9TOFRIDAY »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 08:13:13 AM »
Ah... yes... that problem.... ::)  :o

Get rid of the "Run Template FSM", it has some issues indeed.

so, in UIView interface, in "Animate view out" and "Animate view In", I am using a custom action that works well but only under very specific context, and so it's best to not use it.

so, basically, decouple this with a specific fsm ( you can use childs of the vide that will execute these animations). Go for something simpler for dealing with animation, at the risk of duplicating fsm's or calls.

Let me know if you can apply this, else I'll provide a fixed version to keep everything sane :)

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »
Hey Jean

Thank you so much for assisting me. Unfortunately i am unable to understand how to solve this.

I disabled the run template fsm, and then obviously nothing happens when you click the button because i am assuming thats where i should handle the animation, right?
Now here is where the noob comes in, i don't know what i should do or how to do it. I've included another image to show what happens. so the "view b prefab" anchor position is already stretched so why is it creating it at those coords? which is 0,0 in the inspector in this case, confusing right? or just me?

honestly if you could provide a fix that would really help me out, as I'm really a very beginner at this.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »
Hi,

yeah, no problem, I'll fix this hopefully tomorow.

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 10:36:14 AM »
thank you so so so so so so much!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 03:40:48 AM »
Hi,

Can you try the package I attached to this thread.

Let me know if that works without a problem, If it's all good on your end, I'll push on the Ecosystem.

The sample was package under PlayMaker 1.7.8.4 and Unity 4.7.1. Make sure you backup before testing this.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:43:08 AM by jeanfabre »

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 04:44:24 AM »
Hi,

Can you try the package I attached to this thread.

Let me know if that works without a problem, If it's all good on your end, I'll push on the Ecosystem.

The sample was package under PlayMaker 1.7.8.4 and Unity 4.7.1. Make sure you backup before testing this.

Bye,

Jean

Hey jean thanks will do, just can't find the download link?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 05:43:36 AM »
D'oh :)

It's up now.

Bye,

Jean

9TOFRIDAY

• Playmaker Newbie