playMaker

Author Topic: Many FSMs == Very Slow Unity Inspector  (Read 4781 times)

Rebooter

• Playmaker Newbie
Many FSMs == Very Slow Unity Inspector
« on: April 29, 2020, 12:14:49 PM »
When might we see a solution for the super slow Unity inspector rendering when there are lots of FSMs on it?

As it is now, if there are more then a few FSMs, the Unity inspector slows everything to a crawl, like < 5 fps. I have to either hide the inspector by switching tabs or click 'Collapse All Components' constantly (as Unity has a tendency expand things on the inspector automatically).

Maybe put the FSMs in their own window because it's annoying to use with how slow it is now.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Many FSMs == Very Slow Unity Inspector
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 03:03:01 PM »
Hi.
you can Collapse the fsms only instead of all (close one then change object and all fsms will be collapsed)

i did not really have issues yet that unity tend to expand actually.

But i don't think there is a solution for it really, as fsms need to be on an object, same as scripts.

Rebooter

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 10:28:47 PM »
I would think there should be some way to have a component on an object and not show in inspector (if not maybe Unity could add this functionality).

Probably the best way to do it instead on putting FSMs in a separate window would be to have each FSM have a toggle for 'Show on Unity Inspector' which would be 'On' by default.

trapdoorbeaver

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
i have also encountered this issue(which is a unity issue with the inspector when you have a lot of components on 1 object afaik), for a simple work around you can select a different object then lock the inspector then go back to your original object and use the playmaker window to select fsms to work on

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 02:49:28 PM »
It is Unity's shit editor that is slowing down things. But also is you have so many FSMs on one object that Unity is choking - you're doing it wrong.

@trapdoorbeaver

Nice tip!
Available for Playmaker work