playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker missing from project windows.[SOLVED]  (Read 9269 times)

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
Playmaker missing from project windows.[SOLVED]
« on: May 01, 2016, 07:09:58 PM »
Playmaker is not showing up in my project. I deleted the folder and re imported from the asset store but all the windows are missing. The playmaker menu is missing and under component, playmaker options are grayed out. 

Also, I opened another project with playmaker in it and everything is as it should be. Just having problems with my current game.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 09:39:21 AM by jeanfabre »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Playmaker missing from project windows.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:49:21 PM »
Did you install from the Welcome Screen after importing:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W11

Or do you have errors in the console? Errors can cause Unity to stop compiling editor scripts. Check the Missing PlayMaker Menu section in Troubleshooting:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 01:08:11 AM »
Yes I did install from the window.
I'm getting console errors. Any idea how to fix these? How do I know if i'm missing an assembly reference?  :-[
Assets/PlayMaker Animator/Actions/Editor/GetAnimatorBoneGameObjectActionEditor.cs(11,62): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

and

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/Editor/PlayMakerArrayListProxyObjectPropertyDrawer.cs(13,60): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ObjectPropertyDrawer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:19:08 AM »
The "assembly reference" is Playmaker. Both those errors just mean that Playmaker hasn't been imported or has failed to compile (usually because of errors in the project).

Are there other errors in the console?

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:33:51 AM »
Yeah, but they all look pretty much the same regaurding assembly reference. Sorry to post them all but I'm at a loss. I'm not even using some of them in the scene like that first one, GetAnimatorBoneGameObject.

Assets/PlayMaker Animator/Actions/Editor/GetAnimatorBoneGameObjectActionEditor.cs(11,62): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/ArrayList/Editor/ArrayListAddCustomEditor.cs(11,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/ArrayList/Editor/ArrayListInsertCustomEditor.cs(11,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/Editor/PlayMakerArrayListProxyObjectPropertyDrawer.cs(13,60): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ObjectPropertyDrawer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/HashTable/Editor/HashTableAddCustomEditor.cs(11,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Actions/HashTable/Editor/HashTableSetCustomEditor.cs(11,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/PlayMaker ArrayMaker/Addons/Custom/GameObject/Editor/ArrayListSendEventToGameObjectsCustomEditor.cs(12,60): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Assets/iTween/PlayMaker/Editor/iTweenMoveToActionEditor.cs(8,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CustomActionEditor' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:39:44 AM by Sarcophagav »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 03:02:06 AM »
Hi,

Ok, here's the steps you should follow to get back on your feet.

1: Verify that you have the following folder in your Assets: PlayMaker/Editor/Install/
2: Go to the Unity Menu "Assets/Import Package/Custom Package"
3: select either "PlayMaker.1.7.8.4.unitypackage" or "Playmaker.1.8.0.unitypackage" ( you must use 1.8 if on 5.3+)

Now PlayMaker will be imported properly, and the errors should go away.

If you following the above and something did not work, can you tell us at what point exactly?

if you still have errors, can you tell us which ones you have after having done the above?

Bye,

Jean

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 04:55:10 AM »
Okay! That way worked. Good to know. Thank you!

Majid Fara

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker missing from project windows.[SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 12:52:08 AM »
I still have this problem even I have tried the previous method .

this is it :

""error CS0246: The type or namespace name `iTweenFsmAction' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?""

and this :

error CS0115: `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.iTweenShakePosition.Reset()' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 01:34:16 AM »
Hi,

that's a different problem, it seems you are out of sync with your iTween.

Did you update from a previous version of PlayMaker? iTween is not supported by default, you need to install it from the addons section in the the welcome screen of PlayMaker.

Bye,

Jean

Majid Fara

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 11:14:31 PM »
THANKS GUYS, It works  :) ;)

markfrancombe

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 04:41:23 PM »
WOW THIS THREAD REALLY WORKS!
I have a similar issue, I have loaded up a super old project, with old versions of PM and PM-PUN, and I get 44 variations on

Assets/PlayMaker PUN/Scripts/PlayMakerPhotonProxy.cs(532,54): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PhotonMessageInfo' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

And yes, no sign of PlayMaker in the menu. Should I follow the same steps above, or is this dangerous?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 03:13:01 AM »
Hi,

that's different, it;'s likely that you need to install Pun classic from the asset store first.

Bye,

Jean

NewbNinja

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2022, 08:41:00 PM »
Thanks a million Jean, this worked for me too! <3

Hi,

Ok, here's the steps you should follow to get back on your feet.

1: Verify that you have the following folder in your Assets: PlayMaker/Editor/Install/
2: Go to the Unity Menu "Assets/Import Package/Custom Package"
3: select either "PlayMaker.1.7.8.4.unitypackage" or "Playmaker.1.8.0.unitypackage" ( you must use 1.8 if on 5.3+)

Now PlayMaker will be imported properly, and the errors should go away.

If you following the above and something did not work, can you tell us at what point exactly?

if you still have errors, can you tell us which ones you have after having done the above?

Bye,

Jean