playMaker

Author Topic: Play video cut scenes  (Read 7398 times)

motiondisabled

• Playmaker Newbie
Play video cut scenes
« on: October 12, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
Hi i was wondering if it is possible to play video using playmaker. I have a ready made cut scene which i would like to use in my app in unity and was wondering if playmaker can help me achieve this, as i only have IOS basic?

thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Play video cut scenes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:14:50 AM »
Hi,

Yes you can write a custom action to call iPhoneUtils.PlayMovie  or iPhoneUtils.PlayMovieURL

http://unity3d.com/support/documentation/ScriptReference/iPhoneUtils.PlayMovie.html

I think it works for ios basic. if you want to play a movie to a texture in your 3d environment, then you will need IOS pro.

Do you want to try building this action yourself? else I can make it.

Bye,

Jean

motiondisabled

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
Hi thanks for the reply. iv looked at the docs, but it says that i'm not licensed to use  iPhoneUtils.PlayMovie so i'm struggling on how to write the action for it. If you can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:23:18 AM »
Hi,

odd, I haven't found in the doc that this is a pro only feature.

if it is so, then I am afraid there is nothing you can do about this ( at least I know no solutions for this).

Bye,

Jean

Isaiah

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 01:19:32 AM »
While the iOS 5 comes as a massive update to all the Apple users - bringing in more than 200 new feautures - resulting in web surge, what it ended up in was Error messages being reported by users while upgrading to iOS 5 with no solution available for the problem making most of the upgradation processes to fail.

mohvisuals

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
I would appreciate this action to call a video on the iphone very much. Is it possible to get?