playMaker

Author Topic: Pause game when alt+tab is pressed  (Read 2867 times)

Moonwall

• Playmaker Newbie
Pause game when alt+tab is pressed
« on: May 23, 2016, 08:14:26 AM »
Hello!
I'm looking for a solution to pause the game when it looses focus - for example if someone plays in windowed mode, and click on another app, or if he presses alt+tab.
I already have a pause menu.
I tried to make a key combination - get key down alt, then get key down tab, but it doesn't work.
I also tried application pause, and application focus, but I think it doesn't work in desktop apps.
Does anyone has any idea?

Thank you very much!

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: Pause game when alt+tab is pressed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
Application Focus should be what you want for detecting if its the current active window or not.

Before jumping into figuring out a pausing solution, make sure that Application focus is setup correctly by having it print something to console when it loses focus.

Pausing accurately can get frustrating if your doing it yourself.  You might want to save the headache and get something that is Unity 4 and 5 compatible w/playmaker support like Time Control and Pause Kit  https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/9603

Raknill

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Pause game when alt+tab is pressed
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 04:56:12 PM »
Thanks for the link to that asset; I try not to default to the asset store too much, but when you're a one man studio, you've gotta pick your battles.