playMaker

Author Topic: "Is pointer over UI object" Action is not working in my build.  (Read 2450 times)

gumbomasta

• Playmaker Newbie
The FSM Action "Is pointer over UI object" works fine inside Unity, declaring -1 as my PointerId, but once I make a build, the game functions as if the pointer is over the UI the whole time, even when it's not.  This makes MOUSE OVER transitions unavailable for objects that depend on this action. 

In short, I need MOUSE OVER for times when the UI is hidden, and disabling MOUSE OVER for times when the UI is shown. 

Guidance appreciated.
-g
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:42:26 AM by gumbomasta »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: "Is pointer over UI object" Action is not working in my build.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 05:28:53 AM »
Hi,

It's likely your EventSystem setup and the Touch Input Module that needs tweaking for the behavior to kick in properly on mobile ( I assume you are deploying on mobile right?)

Let me know if messing with EventSystem doesn't change anything, I'll make a custom sample for this and double check it works properly on mobile.

Else what platform are you targeting?

Bye,

Jean

Midenos

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:59:43 PM »
Hello i have the exact same issue, after bulding for windows x86 or x86_64 the mouse over funktion didnt work. All other implentet functions are working.
In Unity erverthing is going fine.

Now i have figured out by pure accident when i go for build and run and start the programm there is the mouseover failure and when i now again build and run there came ofcourse the error sharing violation error. Then i close the open fail build and build and run again where i get ask for the path because the sharing error. I took the exact same path and hit Build and the whole programm works just fine. But if i build in any other ways the mouse over function didnt work.

#loveworkarrounds

pls help ^^

best regards
Midenos
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:01:42 PM by Midenos »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:21 AM »
Hi,

Can you make screenshots of where you get errors, I am very confused with your workaround. I am not sure where and when you get that "sharing error".

From your explanations, it looks like this has nothing to do with PlayMaker, am I correct?

Bye,

Jean