playMaker

Author Topic: Making an object move on a path  (Read 1874 times)

PET

• GamerPET
Making an object move on a path
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
Hello there,

I have a more complicated problem.

I have an object (A flying drone) and I want that object to move on a path.
I already have an internal tool where I can create various nodes and those nodes get a line (spline) between them... and I can even put the drone itself to move on that path.

Main problem is that I nave no iTween or any other tools to fix this more complex path.

I need the "drone" to remain in it's orientation. I need it to move on a path. At one point I need it to stop and do some other stuff (that I will do with playmaker actions) and then I need it to fly away.

I'm trying to use I Tween Move To and use the "Transform Position". Under Transform Position I specify my nodes. In a way I managed to make the drone go to those points, however.

The drone is not mentaining it's position horiziontal (or is it vertical?) At one point I have a node that is right above the other node and the drone just simple goes up ... and not "slide" up if that makes sense.

Any suggestions on how to approach this?
Easier it would be to just use my tool... but I can't ease in/out with my tool. I can activate a PlayMaker FSM when I get to a node so I can do other stuff... but right now my problem is with the fluidity of the movement.

Thank you
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com