playMaker

Author Topic: Hiding my player (solved)  (Read 1068 times)

sic

• Playmaker Newbie
Hiding my player (solved)
« on: July 13, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
So I am currently making a box similar to Metal gear. I.E the player picks it up and they will be hidden to their enemies. However the player will still be vulnerable to traps they encounter. I had this kind of working by having a state set aside that changed the players layer (to avoid enemy raycasting) as well as their tag (to ignore their on trigger enter calls). Reseting these values should the player encounter a trap and die. The problem I have been encountering with this is that upon the players death the FSM runs through and does not reset the layer and the tag of the player resulting in the prefab coming in with a "hidden" layer and tag. I have tried using wait states and delays on my destroy object to allow for time to reset the layer and tag but they do not seem to do anything to prevent this even when set into a different state. Any help or suggestions on this would be appreciated thank you guys in advance.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:32:00 PM by sic »

sic

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Hiding my player
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »
Never mind figured out a work around by continueing to experiment with my placement of my change tag and change layer within the FSM. Thanks anyways guys. :)