playMaker

Author Topic: Best way to make a looping item examination screen?  (Read 2229 times)

whelly

• Playmaker Newbie
Best way to make a looping item examination screen?
« on: July 05, 2016, 06:32:54 PM »
The title probably doesn't make a ton of sense, but picture a floating item on the screen, and you're able to click left or right and your other items scroll into view. I have a system like that working already using ArrayList and iTween, but I want to make the items an endless loop. So you could keep clicking right (or left) and eventually you end up at the first item again.

Is that even possible using Playmaker? I have a nice setup where I instantiate prefabs from an ArrayList, but once you scroll to the last item, you have to go backwards. If that doesn't make sense, I can explain further. Any insights or tips would be awesome!

whelly

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Best way to make a looping item examination screen?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:14:15 PM »
Bump. Has anyone even seen infinite scrolling list in Unity before? Maybe you instantiate prefabs endlessly, I dunno.

kavery

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 03:03:29 PM »
It sounds like you mostly have it.. doesn't 'get next' in an array list cycle through back to 1?

whelly

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »
I haven't tried it, but I suppose instantiating and destroying is the way to go? I'm hope performance won't suffer with all of the garbage collection work.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 02:33:57 AM »
Hi,
I think it is better to Activate / Deactivate than to destroy in your case.