playMaker

Author Topic: Scene Load / Restart  (Read 1459 times)

Yarnib

• Playmaker Newbie
Scene Load / Restart
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:50:56 PM »
Hello All

In my first scene I setup a Game manager and I have a state 1 in the fsm with nothing applied .Then I applied my trigger event to my object and Im able to change to the next scene (Scene 2).

Im trying to setup a trigger event in Scene 2 to restart to scene one so I copied the trigger event fsm from scene one and put it on an object in scene 2 and updated the levelload state to the original scene , I have a collider on the object and I have tired with and without IS Trigger and it does nothing with a collision.

I tried to make an fsm on the object from scratch and it did not help .I have a simple score system built in scene 2 which is a trigger event also . Do I need to do something in my Gamemanager in scene 2 to see the trigger event for the level load? 

Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:58:18 PM by Yarnib »

Zeldag

Re: Scene Load / Restart
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:06:19 PM »
Hi,

When you're running the game, can you see if the FSM actually triggers and goes to the load level state?

If it does, I can only guess that you may have mispelled something or you may not have added both scenes to the build maybe?

If it never gets there, then maybe try adding rigid bodies to every (both) objects involved in the collision (or to whichever object has not go them already?) - but since you're copying and pasting a working object, this is probably not the case.

Good luck with it and I hope this helps.

Yarnib

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Scene Load / Restart
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 03:32:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm using a vive controller to trigger the event  but it is not working. Im guessing it due to one of the scripts on the controllers already .

I changed it over to another object to collide with other that the controller and the restart works .