PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit - Help Board [VIVE]

<< < (2/16) > >>

sebaslive:
Hi Emilianojsaiz,

I can't speak for the plans of the other creator, but my toolkit is meant for getting you started quickly with Vive and playmaker offering examples and scenes that are basic to every Vive game. There are also planned updates for the package and I am always open to the communities suggestions and what they would like to see implemented into the package. You can also see the documentation so you know exactly what is offered on my website. http://media.wix.com/ugd/fc88c8_61f0fdbfcf68457d8f799ff638d5bb2b.pdf

I hope this information helps!

LordHorusNL:
Looking forward to the Bow and Arrow update

Personally i'd like a physics based pickup system where the object is never parented to the controller, so that the player can interact with physics objects, pick them up and use them without the physics system freaking out.
Something like the NewtonVR system but created in playmaker.

That way people using your asset can just drag and drop a fully usable interaction system into a scene and pickup anything they want within seconds.

sebaslive:
Bow and Arrow is the next big update for this month! I'll look into NewtonVR but from what I played around with the grabbing objects, the physics were a bit unstable or had a slight delay that seemed unrealistic in movement. I will still look into it since i'm sure it could be used for multiple reasons.

shinestrength:
Any chance of a grab/throwing example scene?

RN I'm using a fixed joint that gets destroyed on releasing the grip, but for some reason the inertia of the throw is not being passed on, and the object stops in mid air. Tried AddForce/Torque, Set Velocity/AngularVelocity after getting the controllers velocity and angular velocity, but no luck so far. Wondering if it's something to do with the execution order.

sebaslive:
Hey Shinestrength, in the example scene there is a ball(sphere) next to the guns on the table. This is the grab and throw that uses velocity and angular velocity. You can inspect the playmaker fsm of the ball to see how to achieve this as well!

You can also reset the ball back into the position with the grip buttons i believe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version