playMaker

Author Topic: Stopwatch  (Read 2467 times)

dvdkss

Stopwatch
« on: August 10, 2016, 12:44:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to Unity and Playmaker, so my questions might be a little stupid, please bear with me.

I'd like to create a mobile game where you have to keep tapping the screen quickly and the game ends if you're too slow. I've gone through a number of tutorials, I understand the basics, but this is something I just can't figure out, can you help?

I haven't found anything helpful on the internet, but I thought I should create something like a stopwatch that restarts everytime you tap the screen, and the game ends if it goes above a given value. I'd also like to gradually decrease this value as time passes, so you have to keep tapping faster and faster. I hope it makes sense...

Do you know how to do this exactly? Also let me know if you know a completely different but better way of doing it. Thanks in advance.

Weedsh

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Stopwatch
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:34:57 PM »
Try countdowntimer action and compare the countdownvariable with 0 in the same state every frame. and check on the same state if Pressed up or clicked event triggered. if so then start countdown again. if at 0 gameover.

on a click you count the click so you can compare clicks with your clicktarget to decrease the countdowntimervalue to make it faster.

i hope you understand me ;)

sry for my english ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 03:46:47 PM by Weedsh »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 02:51:38 AM »
Hi,
Countdowntimer is a custom action that you can find on the Ecosystem
along with a lot of custom action / packages / samples.
(atm there is a little problem with the addon server and you need to spam the search button to find something)

dvdkss

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll try this.