playMaker

Author Topic: W A R C U B E - [╯°□°]╯︵ ☐  (Read 4221 times)

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
W A R C U B E - [╯°□°]╯︵ ☐
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »
Hi friends!

My name is craigz! I'm making a fun little game called WARCUBE.

Quick synopsis!

WARCUBE is a physics-based action brawler. Use the weapons of war to crush your enemies, siege castles, and bring glory to your six-sided self… all while enjoying a tasteful blend of slow-motion and speed ramping to make you look your best.

Become the WARCUBE.

-------

Got passed Steam Greenlight last month (06/2016) (finishing #6 of 12,000+ :D) but if you want a lot more info, check it out here --> Warcube Greenlight 

But here's some GIFs, so you can see what it's like!

Let me know what you guys think! :D If you want to see more stuff, I've got it all here --> warcubegame.com 

craigz :D

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: W A R C U B E - [╯°□°]╯︵ ☐
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:39:45 AM »
Wow!
Seen this on Greenlight, congrats on greenlit! Looks great!

(those gifs hang my internet :P )

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:38:42 AM »
Looks awesome and fun  :)

If you are doing it all/mostly with Playmaker I'd be interested to hear about how you integrate all the steam stuff into the game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:42:50 AM by mdotstrange »
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

Crableg

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »
Awesome looks really good!

Did you use only playmaker ? how much actual scripting did you have to do ?

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 03:22:11 PM »
Sorry for the crazy late replies! Was out of the country for a bit with no web :D

Wow!
Seen this on Greenlight, congrats on greenlit! Looks great!

(those gifs hang my internet :P )
Ahh!! Thank you! :D Yeah Greenlight was wild, went so much better than I ever could have though :) finished at spot #5 or #6! hahah yeah they're some heavy gifs xD I'm used to just embedding the .gifv/.mp4's via imgur etc, sorry bout that ;)

Looks awesome and fun  :)

If you are doing it all/mostly with Playmaker I'd be interested to hear about how you integrate all the steam stuff into the game.
Thanks dude! Love your stuff as well! :D Yeah doing quite a bit in Playmaker, then just code to fill in the gaps :) I haven't dug into the Steam integration yet.. that will be soon haha :) been keeping an eye on that other thread around here. But I did recently just get a build working up on Steam! Which was super surreal :D

Awesome looks really good!

Did you use only playmaker ? how much actual scripting did you have to do ?
Using Playmaker for a lot of the systems, then filling in the gaps with code. But am also using some other fantastic 3rd party tools like Behavior Designer and Easy Save :)