playMaker

Author Topic: FMOD PlayMaker Actions  (Read 1299 times)

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
FMOD PlayMaker Actions
« on: August 07, 2023, 10:33:29 AM »
Hello,

Here's a few PlayMaker actions for FMOD, based on this tutorial https://alessandrofama.com/tutorials/fmod/unity/parameters

Pay attention to which game object the FSM with the action is in, i.e. player object with 3D footstep sound emanating from the pivot point in the feet, but the FMOD Listener is in the camera so it will sound lower than expected. You can use the Game Object as your Main Camera variable.

On the toolbar in Unity, click on FMOD and then Event Browser, you'll see your list of events from the banks and when you click on one, you'll see the event information below with the Full Path, e.g. an event from my game - Full Path "event:/Player/Player Jump Down"

This is what you need to put in the FMOD Event in the action. For parameters, you only need to put the Parameter Name and then a variable as the Parameter Value. It's usually of type float, that means it has values like 0.12, 0.25, 0.33 etc.
But if your FMOD Parameter inside FMOD Studio is an Enum (basically a dropdown list) then you use the Parameter Name and use 0, 1, 2, 3 in the Parameter Value that corresponds to the position of the parameter inside that list.

For example, I have Footsteps event in my game so the action would look like this:
FMOD Event: event:/Player/Footsteps
Parameter Name: Footsteps
Parameter Value: 0

My Foosteps are an enum where 0 = Concrete, 1 = Wood, 2 = Metal etc, so I only need to change the Parameter Value for the sound to change.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 10:37:39 AM by EpicMcDude »

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: FMOD PlayMaker Actions
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 10:35:23 AM »
Some more!

EDIT: Fixed action Play Instance With Multiple Parameters. It can take up to 4 parameters and it works with no issues.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 09:49:31 PM by EpicMcDude »

aseomorph

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 08:21:02 AM »
awesome does this completely control what you need for fmod? , i havent dabbled in it yet but eager

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 10:21:41 AM »
awesome does this completely control what you need for fmod? , i havent dabbled in it yet but eager

It has most of the basic functionality for FMOD, I've been using it in my game and these actions have been pretty much what I needed so far. I'll update the thread as I create more as needed.

CharlesBust

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 06:00:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing it with us. A few weeks ago, my sister asked me to help her with her paper writing, but I was also busy with my project. To help, I went through some pages on the internet and found https://domypaper.com/ And I ordered a pepper from there, and my sister was stunned after seeing the results. If you are also a student who needs help, you can visit them for the best results.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 05:49:11 AM by CharlesBust »