playMaker

Author Topic: Don't Pop! Dungeon W.I.P. And Alpha on Android  (Read 11919 times)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
Don't Pop! Dungeon W.I.P. And Alpha on Android
« on: August 23, 2016, 04:13:10 AM »
Hello Playmaker community,

I have been working on this game with some friends since the concept in February earlier this year. The game is an endless procedural dungeon runner (or Floater I guess haha). No two dungeon layouts will be the same, well there is a slim chance that it might be but its extremely rare. You basically see how many dungeons you can get through, fighting enemies and bosses.

I used Playmaker primarily for this but I also used a few other plugins like "Dungen" and "Behavior Designer(for some AI)"; "PolyNav" I used as well.

It's close to being done and I have put it in alpha testing on my Google Play account. If anyone wants to try it you can be a tester here:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.smasters654.dontpopdungeon

I recommend a fairly new device to run the game properly too.

Here is a fairly recent video of the game I recorded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqQPzpr4BD8

It would be awesome if anyone tried it and told me what they think  :)

It will be available for iOS and Android soon otherwise.

If you find any bugs (which there are some I know) please let me know.

Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:19:13 AM by serenefox »
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Don't Pop! Dungeon W.I.P. And Alpha on Android
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:01:37 AM »
Hi,
Looks fun.
On the video @1:00 the bats are a bit hard to see for me.
I have a light Deuteranopia colorblindness (the most common one arround 12% of the male population) so that might be the problem :)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:42:06 AM »
Thanks! 

And I had no idea that many people had that or that it was even a possibility. I might have to look into it more. Thanks for the input  :)

Edit: So I looked more into it and decided to buy the "Beautify" asset from the asset store (it was on sale in the madness sale too  :) ), apparently it has a colorblind full screen effect. Even if it doesn't work I still have an asset that might make the game look better. I am now going to put in a colorblind option in my menu.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:32:23 AM by serenefox »
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:43:11 PM »
Hi.
Nice, let me know when you are done so i can test it for you :)

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »
So when I put the asset in it made the game look pretty good but then I tried the colorblind effect and it seemed to just make the colors more vibrant. Here is what the documentation says:

Daltonize: similar to vibrance but mostly accentuate primary red, green and blue colors to
compensate protanomaly (red deficiency), deuteranomaly (green deficiency) and tritanomaly
(blue deficiency). This effect does not shift color hue hence it won't help completely red,
green or blue color blindness. The effect will vary depending on each subject so this effect
should be enabled on user demand..

Im not sure it would work too well, but I wouldn't know I guess. Do you think this would help in your situation? If so I would gladly put it in I just wanted your input first.
Juicy Theater - Android

play_edu

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:42:39 AM »
Cool stuff.

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:43:57 AM »
Thanks!
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 07:10:29 AM »
Hi,
Maybe if the bats have some outlining or have a (fake) shadow might help a lot already

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »
I added a shadow but I couldn't really see it so I added a glow which I can see better but the compression makes it very faint. I attached a screenshot, let me know if you can see it any better. Its a redish orange glow so Im not sure how well it looks.

Thanks!
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 04:09:00 AM »
Hi,
Yes i think it will be much better to see

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:27:01 PM »
That's great to hear!  :) I am working on finishing the game's bestiary then I will upload another version.
Juicy Theater - Android

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 10:03:37 PM »
I just uploaded a new version with a lot of fixes and additions. Try it out and let me know!
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 06:37:49 AM »
Hi,
I played your game a bit and colors look fine for me :)
it has a very nice game play and has very good potential.

a few issues and a bug i found :

I tried both dual joysticks and touch.
The touch system feels better for me, but the reaction is to slow and when tapping to shoot sometimes it shoots sometimes not.

The shooting speed of the dual j mode is to fast i think but if touch shooting works better it is ok i think.

In dual j mode when i hit a chest (not boss chest) from the bottom and pull up i can drag the chest upwards

I guess the chest has a collider and a trigger?
and it needs it when building the level to hit the floor?

If so maybe you can disable the collider and rigidbody when on the floor position?

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »
Thanks for playing the game! Sorry for the late reply.

I play with the touch controls as well, the game was designed around that. The only reason I added joysticks was because people wanted them and I figured it would be good to have options.

I will look into the shooting but I think it because it might be registering a swipe instead of a tap. The touch mode's shooting is designed to shoot as fast as you can tap, but in some cases I have seen people start to tap fast and accidentally drag really quick causing a swipe, I will have to check into it.

I am aware of the small chest problem. I was debating on leaving it as a fun little thing you could do but if it seems more like a bug I will fix it. It's an easy fix like you mentioned because you're right its there to hit the floor when it spawns.

Thank you for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. Most of the feedback I have been getting is the "it's fun" or "can you add this?" which for the most part is not helpful haha.
Juicy Theater - Android

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »
Hi,

I play with the touch controls as well, the game was designed around that. The only reason I added joysticks was because people wanted them and I figured it would be good to have options.
It is good to have more control setups, but not if the one has a big advantage against the other (but i think when the touch sensitivity is tweaked it will be good)

I am aware of the small chest problem. I was debating on leaving it as a fun little thing you could do but if it seems more like a bug I will fix it. It's an easy fix like you mentioned because you're right its there to hit the floor when it spawns.

Actually it might be a nice idea to leave it but may give like a bonus diamond or something :)

Thank you for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. Most of the feedback I have been getting is the "it's fun" or "can you add this?" which for the most part is not helpful haha.
That is indeed the most feedback we get to :)