PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

Gaze Timer

(1/8) > >>

detomato:
Hi, is there any gaze timer action available? Already searched the forum, but nothing with the said function. And theres a tut from Youtube which doesnt work as expected.

Basically need an action when an object is gazed for certain amount of time.

Thanks.

topscore1632:
I did this by basically having a long thin box as a child of the camera. So effectively the same as attaching a pole to your head. Then you put triggers around the objects you're trying to interact with and just look for collisions between the pointer object and the triggers.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

It's a good approach indeed. but would require some fiddling around if you wanted to control UI elements too.

For UI gaze controls, I created a sample on the Ecosystem.

Bye,

Jean

DinaHaines:
In summary, create a script to time the gaze, by cumulatively adding Time.deltaTime on each frame when the object is gazed at. When gaze time hits a pre-specified duration, trigger the button's OnClick event.

On the object, activate the script's gaze timing functions using event triggers Pointer Enter and Pointer Exit.

PET:
Hello guys!

What is the best way for this?

Basically I want to have 2 buttons... and I want a button to only trigger when you look at it for like 3 seconds or something. Eventually it would be nice to have an indication... like the button filling up or something.

Thank You!

EDIT:
@Jean - I found your Gaze thingie on the EcoSystem, however it generates an error:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version