playMaker

Author Topic: Unity Collab shared projects help.  (Read 2495 times)

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
Unity Collab shared projects help.
« on: August 26, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »
I know about getting rid of the dill file but just to be sure I need to know

1.Does this work with a Unity collab project?

2. Will it effect the project if anyone else try's to build on the other end?

3.If the project is already started without playmaker should it effect anything if I add it at a later point in the project if I follow the first steps mentioned earlier?

4.once I get rid of the dill file will I still be able to edit and make FSM's?

5.and last but not least this might be a repeated question but can other people edit other things in the project if I add it to an existing project?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unity Collab shared projects help.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:36:38 PM »
So you want to use Unity Collaborate and share a project with other users who don't own Playmaker?

I haven't tried Unity Collaborate yet, but Playmaker should work fine with it.

However, not sharing Playmaker with other users who don't own a license is trickier. There may be a way to do this if Collaborate offers some way to exclude files for sharing. But the project would have errors for anyone who doesn't own Playmaker to import.  I'd need to do some research to figure it out... it seems like this would be a common problem with assets in Collaborate projects!

The easiest (but not cheapest) solution is for all users to have Playmaker licenses  :P

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:23:53 PM »
Yes that is exactly what's going on. I own it but no one else on the team does and I don't want to screw up the project so I came here first. Is this possible? and if so what steps do I take? thanks for the reply.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 05:01:34 AM »
Hi,

Indeed, I don't see any options to ignore certain files of folders, so PlayMaker will be required for all developers having access to that project.

Bye,

Jean