playMaker

Author Topic: Are Templates just bug-filled nightmares for everyone?  (Read 1682 times)

TellMeTellMeDontTellMe

• Playmaker Newbie
Are Templates just bug-filled nightmares for everyone?
« on: September 01, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
Please tell me if these are the standard problems everybody encounters with Templates.

When I try to import a Template to an exisiting object, sometimes it just imports a blank screen. Not the "click here to edit template" screen, a completely blank screen with no states, nothing.

Other times, it imports the template, but when I click the drop-down menu that shows all the templates, all the *other* FSMs for that object seem to be gone. They're not really gone, though--I just have to refresh that list by clicking somewhere else or going to a different object and coming back.

And still other times, it seems to only import *part* of a Template--there seem to be strange blank areas that clip the states fully or partially, so I can only see some of what's going on.

With all this stuff, it's really not a functional feature. I get blank screens, I get strangely disappearing/reappearing FSMs, I get partial FSMs, it's just impossible to make sense of.

Is this how it works for everybody?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:01:05 AM by TellMeTellMeDontTellMe »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Are Templates just bug-filled nightmares for everyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 09:09:12 AM »
Hi,
What version are you using from playmaker and unity?
Can you make a quick video from what is happening?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 01:40:09 AM »
Hi,

ok, you seem to indeed have lots of problems...

As Djaydino mentionned, please make some video of all of this, because I sure don't have this here. It could be you are using PlayMaker 1.7 on Unity 5.3+ and that would be a problem, only PlayMaker 1.8+ works on Unity 5.3+

Bye,

Jean

TellMeTellMeDontTellMe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 01:46:21 PM »
I'm using 1.8.2 with Unity 5.4. I will try to document.

TellMeTellMeDontTellMe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 01:29:21 PM »
I have a suspicion this is related to a third-party plugin I'm using. If I have these problems outside that plugin I'll update here.

It's good to know the answer to the headline is basically "no", though.