playMaker

Author Topic: I am looking for applications of VR  (Read 830 times)

nickrobinson

• Playmaker Newbie
    • View Profile
I am looking for applications of VR
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:47 AM »
Hey you there,

I'm looking for the areas where VR (Virtual Reality) can be applied. Hope the term VR here denotes the similar idea that I'm taking here. How the concept works in this platform?

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:39:10 PM by nickrobinson »

westingtyler

• View Profile
Re: I am looking for applications of VR
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:44:33 AM »
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but VR is going to change the face of learning in general, and more specifically things like medical or machinery training that require hands-on training. even astronauts can train in vr, and soldiers in the military, to a degree. we can use them for video games, interactive movies, for exploring geographical regions like Mars or the Sistine chapel, while having superpowers like flight, the ability to change our scale, the ability to view non-viewable 3d data like wind patterns, ultraviolet and infrared light. We can explore new homes to buy in virtual reality.

Within a decade or so, VR and AR will use the same glasses that can shift from opaque to transparent, allowing us to incorporate virtual elements into real life, like prices floating above houses as you ride down the street, job title floating above people's heads at cocktail parties, etc. You'll be able to play pokemon in a park with your friend and actually watch your pokemon around you in real 3d space, interacting and colliding with walls and the ground. You'll be able to play arena-sized experiences like paintball or detective games, anything you can think of from a Star Trek holodeck.

Google glass, Hololens, Oculus Rift, Vive, PSVR, etc. all contain these technologies, and they will be improved until they are as common as mobile phones and sunglasses are now, and far more useful and dynamic.

No idea if this is what you meant, but these are some of the amazing applications of VR that are coming or are already here.