playMaker

Author Topic: Handling levels  (Read 1023 times)

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
Handling levels
« on: October 28, 2016, 09:02:22 AM »
Hi there,

I'm storing all the level data for my app in XML files, and they just get loaded when asked to.

I was wondering if there is any level management systems in playmaker or for unity3d? The built-in one would probably work fine if I had scene for each level, but in this app I decided to load everything dynamically in one scene.

By level management I mean like the built-in one like Mad Level Manager. (I have seen it I don't know whether it will be useful for me though).

Or perhaps it's just easier and more bespoke to create my own with playmaker? Has anyone done this previously?

If I was to create a level handling class in c#, set/get all variables, and then instantiate the class - how does all that OOP work in playmaker?

I was also maybe thinking of splitting the game into a few different screens instead? Like interface in one, then for each different mini-game one scene, so like 10 scenes in total... ? I don't know whether I need to do that though or not. It will feel kinda painful though to reset all the variables and then activate/deactive stuff to change levels...

Any ideas?? Thanks