playMaker

Author Topic: Set Animator IK Goal 1.8.3.f4  (Read 6008 times)

HeathClose

Set Animator IK Goal 1.8.3.f4
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »
I'm working through M dot Strange's can't code series, and in video 24, he shows us how to control where the player will hold the gun with an ik control and "Set Animator IK Goal"... I have followed the tutorial exactly, yet my player couldn't care less about the IK control... has something changed or is there a bug... I tried to look at the sample ik control in ecosystem and a video from july doing a test... but I'm just not putting it together...  does anyone have any advice / direction to getting my player to pay attention to a game object being used for IK control?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:34:59 PM by HeathClose »

HeathClose

Re: Set Animator IK Goal 1.8.3.f4
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:28:45 AM »
for anyone else having this issue, download "animator proxy"... it is a package on the ecosystem... without it, playmaker won't tell you the objects need it, and it doesn't work without it...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:25:11 AM »
Hi,

Yes, This is an issue indeed. We are not too sure on how to address this, so right now if you want to target something else than the owner, using the proxy from the Ecosystem, is indeed the way to go.

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »
Hi,

Yes, This is an issue indeed. We are not too sure on how to address this, so right now if you want to target something else than the owner, using the proxy from the Ecosystem, is indeed the way to go.

Bye,

Jean

I am now getting this error...
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12929.msg60334#msg60334

my actions tab is blank and i can't use it, select it, close it, move it...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 02:39:11 AM »
Hi,

You'll need to make sure you have the latest PlayMaker utils ( found on the Ecosystem).

The best way to tackle this is to create a fresh project and have just this setup.

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 08:47:45 AM »
Hi,

You'll need to make sure you have the latest PlayMaker utils ( found on the Ecosystem).

The best way to tackle this is to create a fresh project and have just this setup.

Bye,

Jean

I set up a new project and imported the playmaker utils from the ecosystem... I am still getting this error and unable to access the actions tab and it is still blank.  I was however, using the window options, to access and detach all the other tabs the action tab has frozen in that same panel...

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

Code: [Select]
InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
OnAnimatorUpdateActionEditorBase.EditEveryFrameField () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/Editor/BaseClasses/OnAnimatorUpdateActionEditorBase.cs:18)
SetAnimatorBoolActionEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/Editor/SetAnimatorBoolActionEditor.cs:19)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.OnGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionEditor.cs:196)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoSelectedActionPreview () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:589)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoBottomPanel () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:546)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:158)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:72)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

HeathClose

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »

these two types of actions have these errors in a couple different FSMs

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 02:00:02 AM »
Hi,

I see, I can repro this. Let me have a look, it doesn't make sense right now. I'll get back to you when I have a fix.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 04:57:55 AM »
Hi,

ok. I know what's happening.

Locate and delete the folder "PlayMaker/actions/Animator/Editor". The new actions needs a custom editor and that clashes with the old actions.

Once you delete this Editor Folder, you'll be fine.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

gregacuna

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2016, 05:23:23 AM »
I'm having exactly the same problem while doing the Mdotstrange tutorials.

Have installed the latest Playmaker utils, but that didn't help.

Solved and working using the "animator proxy."

New to Playmaker so I'm not sure I understand what the proxy is doing, but looking forward to learning more and seeing what happens without the proxy once this is fixed.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 05:54:58 AM »
Hi,

I am glad you solved it.

The proxy enables you to use that action on a fsm that is not on the targeted GameObject.

Bye,

Jean

gregacuna

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 06:31:47 AM »
Not sure what happened, but guessing something I installed to fix the IK problem has really messed things up.

The Playmaker Actions window went blank...and I started getting a series of errors. I reinstalled Playmaker and the Actions window came back, but now I have 999+ warning messages repeating the two. Screen capture attached.

HeathClose

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 08:51:44 AM »
Hi,

ok. I know what's happening.

Locate and delete the folder "PlayMaker/actions/Animator/Editor". The new actions needs a custom editor and that clashes with the old actions.

Once you delete this Editor Folder, you'll be fine.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

When I first started it up it was still blank... so i loaded a new layout and tried to open the actions window and it was still blank, then went back to the original layout, and boom... got my actions window back.... thank you very much... If anything changes I'll ping the thread again.... whew!  that froze my project in amber... I'm thankful for the help!

gregacuna

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 10:37:26 AM »
Because of the weird errors I was getting I decided to work my way backwards. I uninstalled the playmaker utils and animator proxy (in ecosystem), but the errors didn't go away.

THEN...when I reinstalled them I cannot get the Set Animator IK Goal to work like it was earlier. Really frustrated!

gregacuna

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
NEW NEWS...

Just found advice inside the discussion of the MdotStrange course on Udemy saying to put the "Set Animator IK Goal" on the Player and not on the "IK Control" Empty.

I did that and it seems to be working. Don't know if I have the courage to remove the Animator Proxy again, but I am curious to see if that's needed. Any ideas?

Hope that helps you HealthClose!