playMaker

Author Topic: "Enable FSM" action (to disable) hangs Unity Editor [SOLVED]  (Read 2478 times)

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
"Enable FSM" action (to disable) hangs Unity Editor [SOLVED]
« on: November 14, 2016, 11:37:25 AM »
I have the weirdest problem...

I've just created a FSM in an empty object with the sole objective of running some actions at game start and then disable itself.

I've put an action in there and then a "Enable FSM" action pointing to 'Owner' and unchecking 'Enable' so the FSM gets disabled as soon as it runs the previous action.

Then I press 'Play' and I need to wait for around twenty seconds for the game to play instead of the normal five or so.  :(

It doesn't happen if I leave the FSM enabled by not adding this "Enable FSM" action.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Forget about that "twenty seconds" statement. I've just run it again and the Unity editor has stopped responding to Windows for minutes now, and no hint of recovering itself!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 12:16:54 PM by Anaxtasia »
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
Re: "Enable FSM" action (to disable) hangs Unity Editor [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »
Ok, I've just seen that there's a "Finish FSM" action that does the work and it seems designed specifically to be run on itself.

I'm using this now, so no answer is required. I assume the "Enable FSM" action is more appropriate to be run on another FSM instead of the owner.  ::)
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1