playMaker

Author Topic: [Solved]Virtual joystick with Controller asset.  (Read 3255 times)

shinodan

• Shinozone
[Solved]Virtual joystick with Controller asset.
« on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:44 PM »
(Sorry this should have gone in the Android section)

Hi folks, hope all is well!

Wondering if anyone could even point me in the right direction here...

So i have the All in one game kit from the asset store and ive been working on a game for a while now with it. The way im using it is playmaker reads what the player is currently doing with its animation bools. And i have my own charicter imitate its animation.

So my game works with a gamecontroller and mouse and keyboard.

Im now just getting round to wanting to test it on mobile but i cant get any kind of virtual joystick to work, ive tried unitys standard assets, playmakers (from ecosystem) and a few from the unity store.

I used to be able to work virtual joysticks in older unitys, since i have 2 kids and a busy life, i jump in and out of developing games, something has changed about the way they work and i dont know when or what/how....

So here are my thoughts/questions.

How can i make my virtual joystick control my already made game controller script?

Do i need to plug playmaker into the playercontroller.cs?

Would using inputbroker to simulate keypresses be a viable option?

Do i need to remake a separate controller in playmaker that works independantly of playercontroller.cs/joystick.cs?

I thought a virtual joystick would just interact with inputmanager, i mean, you have to define The horizontal and vertical input and they are called the same thing in the input settings?

Any help/guidance to help would be greatly appreicated
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:44:51 PM by shinodan »

shinodan

• Shinozone
Re: Virtual joystick with Controller asset.
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:44:27 PM »
The solution is Control Freak 2 Amazing peice of kit, hooked me up in 10 mins or less!! Highly Reccomend!