playMaker

Author Topic: New to Playmaker & Unity-need help with Set Velocity 2d?  (Read 2888 times)

Ktre7

• Playmaker Newbie
New to Playmaker & Unity-need help with Set Velocity 2d?
« on: December 18, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »
Hi! I know having no knowledge of anything is annoying but any kind help is appreciated! I am having trouble getting started in PlayMaker. I have the latest Playmaker and Unity (5). I have been following tutorials for days, but there seems to be some essential point missing. In my (2d) game, whenever I add a Set Velocity 2D command on the character, it causes the character to ignore gravity and float down as if it were on the moon. This doesn't happen to anyone leading the tutorials-is there something I'm missing? Should I play around with the gravity?

Thanks very much!

Spgart

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: New to Playmaker & Unity-need help with Set Velocity 2d?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 09:20:42 PM »
I have had the same issue, even when the "Apply Root Motion" checkbox is checked or unchecked, which I thought would be the problem but was not. Not entirely sure how to fix it. It seems like a new problem but I could be wrong.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 08:38:22 AM »
How does it ignores gravity and floats down? Do you have a screenshot?
Available for Playmaker work

Spgart

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 03:17:10 PM »
Here is a pic. In this example, if I turn off set velocity 2d the falling speed is normal. If I turn it on the falling speed is very slow, like going through pudding. I can't seem to find out why it is causing this because in tutorial vids they not having this issue.

Edit: Here is a quick video of the issue
Fixed: Figured the issue, very simple newbie mistake. Forgot to set the "Vector" tab in the Set Velocity section to "None". I think this is the same issue Ktre7 could have been having.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:41:21 PM by Spgart »

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 08:28:16 AM »
Glad you've sorted it out :)
Available for Playmaker work